Quick Honey Breakfast Bread
Easy Honey Breakfast Bread recipe is a cross between a dense cake and a quick bread, made with sweet honey, and comes out super moist every time! This is sweet enough to eat as dessert with a drizzle of honey!
I struggled with whether to call this recipe a bread or a cake. The best way to describe this honey breakfast bread is a cross between a cornbread an a sheet cake. This cake comes out dense, moist, and perfectly sweet.
It’s almost the end of September and we are delving into the fall baking season. I love a nice cool, cloudy day to stay in and bake up some bread! I was looking to make a bread that didn’t involve yeast and came across this honey breakfast bread. This bread is different from my typical breads I bake and that’s exactly what I was going for. My Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread still holds the #1 spot for my favorite fall bread!
It is unusual to find a bread recipe that can serve so many purposes. My Cinnamon Crumb Banana Bread is one of those recipes. Honestly, this bread can be a dessert, a breakfast, brunch recipe, or a side dish to a holiday meal. You can drizzle some honey on this and serve it as dessert or enjoy it at your next brunch. The unique flavor is what got me – I was so impressed by the taste and the texture and was super excited with how this honey breakfast bread turned out.
I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but I am dairy free due to my daughter’s food allergy (cow’s milk protein and soy). This recipe was easily adaptable to make it dairy-free. I used my vegan baking butter sticks (Earth Balance) and coconut milk instead of regular milk. It came out great! I think it would be great as a side dish to my Sausage, Egg and cheese Scramble or my Steak and Egg Breakfast Burritos.
So tell me what you are baking up lately! I also have my eye on this Banana Breakfast Bread from my friend Deborah. Are you diving head first into pumpkin and apple pie season or are you more of a cookie baker? I’m embracing fall this year and have already started trying out different recipes for soups that I will be sharing with you in the next few weeks. If you love breakfast breads, try this Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread from my friend Christi.
Have a great rest of your week and happy fall!
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 5 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Butter (vegan butter works fine)
- 6 Tbs Honey
- ½ Cup Milk (can use a milk alternative)
- 2 Large Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan with butter or a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar and put them aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and the honey together in the microwave. Whisk until the butter and honey are fully combined.
- Whisk in the milk, then whisk in the eggs.
- Pour the butter/honey mixture into the dry ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix just until moistened, don't overmix.
- Spread the batter evenly into the greased pan and bake for 16 to 18 minutes. Cover the honey bread with foil for the last 7-8 minutes to avoid browning on top. Put it in for a few more minutes if needed.
- Bread will be golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center should come out clean.Enjoy!
Recipe source: https://mindeescookingobsession.com/