Cinnamon Crumb Banana Bread
Flavorful Cinnamon Crumb Banana Bread is a quick bread recipe with swirls of buttery cinnamon sugar throughout and streusel crumb topping. This is great for breakfast, brunch, or dessert and is out of this world!
Happy Tuesday! I went to work with Mr. Wishes yesterday to have lunch together. It was the best day to go to a cafe and work outside at a table because it was 80 degrees! Gotta take advantage of these days, ya know? It seriously seemed like the entire world was out today: rollerblading, motorcycles, jogging, eating outside – gotta pack it all into the one summer-like day we may get for a while. That is how we roll in Rochester! Now, let’s talk about this Cinnamon Crumb Banana Bread that would be just perfect for Easter brunch or any occasion.
I’m so glad you’re here! Follow along on Pinterest for more inspiration!
It’s no secret that I love banana bread. Like, love it. I have my Coconut Banana Bread that if you haven’t made yet I seriously feel sorry for you. Of course, my all-time favorite: Caramel Macchiato Banana Bread with a caramel glaze you will want to eat with a spoon. And who could forget about my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread? All are equally good in their own ways and I love them all. Banana bread is one of my favorite snacks/breakfast/dessert EVER.
I don’t think I can ever eat banana bread without the crumb streusel topping ever, ever again. Also, for fall, you should check out my Bourbon-Glazed Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. I may or may not have eaten this as if I hadn’t eaten real food in a whole week. The end.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of saltstand mixer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the sugar, egg and vanilla together until combined.
- Add the butter to the same bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth and the butter is fully incorporated.
- Beat in the buttermilk and mashed bananas.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet until all the flour is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased loaf pan. Fill to about an inch or 2 from the top. Don't overfill (if you have extra batter).
- Combine the powdered sugar, flour, cinnamon salt and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Crumble the mixture with your hands and sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the streusel begins to brown, tent the bread with aluminum foil
- Remove and let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
Recipe source: adapted from littlebitsof.com