Pepperoni Pizza Nachos
Pepperoni Pizza Nachos are incredibly delicious appetizer recipe and a real crowd-pleaser. The garlic cream sauce takes these to another level. You can add any pizza toppings that you prefer and will love this take on nachos!
These delicious, sinful pepperoni pizza nachos are a new twist on your typical plate of nachos….they are all jazzed up pizza style! I made this for a weekend snack for Mr. Wishes and I a few weeks ago when I was scrounging for something…ANYTHING…I could make since I had no food in the house.
I would have to say this was the best spontaneous “lunch” I have had in a very long time. I was impressed at just how good these were, especially the garlic cream sauce! They were so addictive, like my Cheesy Loaded Beefy Nachos, that we ate the whole plate in one sitting.
The great thing about these pizza nachos, much like any dish of nachos, is that you can make them your own way. Go ahead and add any toppings you like! I am pretty simple when it comes to pizza (and also didn’t have much of a choice since I had nothing in my pantry), so I just added pepperoni for the one and only topping.
Get creative with this! This amazing appetizer would be great for football season (any game day, really), girls’ night, Super Bowl, movie night, a party with friends, or just a weekend snack, as it was for me. OH, and if you liked these, you might also like these BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos. Enjoy!
Make sure you check out these other easy pizza recipes I have made on Wishes and Dishes!
Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza – this is just as good as the deep dish pizzas I tried in Chicago! It is a little involved, but worth it.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip – this dip is easily one of my favorite party appetizers or game day ideas!
Easy Bacon Alfredo Pizza – I love having white alfredo sauce on my pizza every so often to switch things up!
One Pan Pizza Pasta Casserole – this pizza and pasta combo is pretty much the best idea for an easy dinner!
- 1 and ½ Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- ½ cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup of 2% Milk
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Your Favorite Crispy Tortilla Chips ( I used approximately half a bag)
- Garlic Cream Sauce (Recipe Included below)
- ¼ cup Onion, Diced
- ½ cup Pepperoni, Cut Into quarters (or use mini pepperoni)
- 1 and ¾ cups Cheddar Cheese, Shredded (white or yellow)
- Optional: any other pizza toppings of your choice (½ cups Black Olives Sliced, ½ diced Green Bell Pepper)
- Melt the butter, along with the olive oil on medium-low heat
- Once melted, toss in the minced garlic, and give it a good stir
- Raise the heat up to medium
- Add in the cream and milk and give a good stir
- Keep stirring until it comes to a boil.
- Toss in the salt, pepper, and chili flakes, along with the parmesan cheese, and continue stirring (The sauce will thicken pretty quick, so continue to stir)
- Once the sauce is thickened, remove from the burner, and set aside.
- When you are ready to make your nachos, preheat your oven to 400ºF
- Build your nachos on an oven-proof dish or baking sheet
- First, add your chips.
- Drizzle the garlic cream sauce all over the chips.
- Top with the onions and pepperoni (and other pizza toppings of your choice).
- Make sure each chip gets covered with the sauce and toppings.
- Top with the cheddar cheese.
- Place in the preheated oven, and cook until the cheese is nice and bubbly and the veggies are warmed through, roughly 7 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe source: adapted from simplecomfortfood.com
Good golly that Garlic cream sauce sounds scrumptious! What a great idea these nachos are – I am a huge fan of nachos for get-togethers, but would never have thought of this! Thanks for sharing!
YES please! That sauce sounds incredible!
What a fun way to eat nachos! We are always craving pizza, and I love how you incorporated those classic pizza flavors into one of our favorite snacks! Maybe you need to license this idea to all the concession stands across the country. 😉
My kids would absolutely love this!
That garlic cream sauce would be so good on anything.
Ooh that is a super cute idea for serving especially if watching a game!
Ashley, these pepperoni pizza nachos look so delicious! Sounds like a perfect “lunch” to me! Pinned 🙂
WOW!! I love pizza AND nachos in one!
Garlic cheese sauce and nachos together? Holy jackpot!
I’m totally loving these nachos! That crispy pepperoni is calling my name 🙂
Oh my gosh … I’m loving these. That garlic cream sauce sounds fantastic. Do you see me swooning over here?
What a fun recipe idea! This would be perfect on a movie night for kids, love!
Nachos are so easy and so much fun to make…love this pizza idea!!
This is SO happening! Can I make these for dinner? I know you’ll say yes. And even if you say no, I’m still gonna do it. 😀 If only I had pepperoni in the house right now! The turkey taco nachos I make are a big hit with my family and I’m sure these will be too.
What a great idea! These would be so perfect for a Saturday night with a beer. My husband would be super happy if I made these nachos!
My kids were peaking over my shoulder and insisted these happen soon!
What a great idea Ashley! The garlic cream sauce sounds divine!
I am loving the idea of that garlic cream sauce!
These look SO good – my kids would go nuts for these!
Garlic cream sauce sounds amazing!! What a fantastic idea. I’m thinking my guys would love these pizza nachos
That is a big, big YUM! I love that crispy looking pepperoni!
Oh my goodness! This looks so good. Smart idea to use nachos. I would have never thought of that.
Pingback: April 2014 Favorites