Very chewy homemade Butterscotch Blondies with a hint of nuttiness from the browned butter and hints of butterscotch. Such an easy dessert recipe in a pinch!
I am making your butterscotch dreams come true in bar form. Blondies are delicious, but Butterscotch Blondies are where it’s at. These are the easiest dessert and, like my snickerdoodle blondies, you don’t need a stand mixer or hand mixer to make them.
I hope you’re having a great summer. I can’t believe it’s August already! We spent the past weekend celebrating going to our favorite Park Avenue festival here in Rochester, celebrating the retirement of my uncle Chris, and working around the yard.
Of course, we snuck in a Starbucks trip with Eliza and Mr. Wishes and I even had a rare date night Saturday night. There is something to be said about enjoying a nice meal outside every so often without little hands grabbing everything or trying to eat my entire meal.
Each bite of these butterscotch blondies is so chewy and perfect with a gorgeous crackly top. They reminded me a lot of my cake batter blondies as far as texture goes. The center stays super chewy – like you will feel like you’re eating raw cookie dough. I love chewy blondies and brownies!
I am ALL about the no-bake, no fuss desserts in the summer when it’s hot out. But sometimes you crave that comfort food and this is exactly that. For summer! They are easy to make (I’m talking like 10 minutes of prep time), soft, buttery, and simply delicious. These Butterscotch Blondies are totally addictive and virtually impossibly to stop eating.
Serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you’re feeling a little wild! You will NOT be able to eat just one of these bad boys.
Here are some more blondies recipes that you will love, including a fall-inspired blondie!
Cookie Butter White Chocolate Blondies
White Chocolate, Peanut Butter M&M Blondies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- In a medium bowl, stir melted butter and brown sugar until blended.
- Add egg, vanilla, and salt and mix well.
- Add flour and stir until completely and fully mixed together.
- Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Spread batter evenly into lined pan; bake 20-25 minutes until the edges look slightly browned. Middle should look slightly underdone - this is normal.
- Move pan to wire rack to cool blondies in pan. Cut into squares once cooled and enjoy!
I made these yesterday afternoon and they are AMAZING! Pretty easy to put together and definitely worth the effort. Thanks for another great recipe !!
Oh yum! I love baking with butterscotch chips so I definitely need to try these!