Sesame Pasta Salad
Delicious Sesame Pasta Salad recipe: pasta tossed in a sesame oil and soy sauce-based dressing is a refreshing, Asian-inspired side dish perfect for picnics, BBQ, or potlucks!
Hi guys! I hope your July has gone very well. This sesame pasta salad is seriously the perfect side dish for the summer. It has a great flavor combination and amazing texture/bite from the honey roasted peanuts.
I am a huge fan of a pasta salad that has soft pasta and a crunch in each bite and that is exactly what the peanuts do for this dish. This salad and my California Spaghetti salad were just some of the things I made this for Memorial Day when we had a cookout for Eliza’s first birthday.
I honestly was fearful that our family would complain that the dressing was too spicy. Surprisingly, everyone had all positive things to day about it! Let me point on that we have some VERY picky eaters in our family. If you DO want it to be bit less spicy, add less or the red pepper flakes or omit them completely. I loved the spice they gave to this dish without being too overpowering.
We usually have the same dishes for all holidays and gatherings (like my never-fail Classic Italian Pasta Salad with pepperoni), but I made it my goal this summer to make a bunch of new recipes. I’m so glad I went out on a limb and served up something unconventional and it went over very well. When I saw the ingredients for this recipe and knew it was going to be delicious. I plan on making it again and again.
Serve this sesame pasta salad as an accompaniment to any main course: steak, burgers, porkchops, etc. The homemade Asian dressing is absolutely killer!
Your guests will be going back for thirds and fourths. It is very easy to double, triple, or quadruple if you are feeding a large crowd. Try it soon along with my famous Macaroni Coleslaw Salad!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water according to package directions, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain.
- Mix spaghetti, sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, corn oil, green onion, red pepper flakes, and salt together in a large bowl until spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Cover bowl tightly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add cilantro, peanuts, and sesame seeds just prior to serving (so they don't get soggy); toss to combine. Enjoy!
Recipe source: slightly adapted from allrecipes.com