Brown Sugar M&M Blondies
Brown Sugar M&M Blondies are an easy dessert to make for Valentine’s day or any occasion. They are, soft, chewy and full of flavor!
I think I covered all of my Valentine bases this week: I provided you with a Valentine’s day dinner idea, a dessert recipe for the chocolate addicts, and now one sweet treat for those who aren’t huge on chocolate. Anyone else besides me? I have always been a “vanilla” kind of girl, but I do like the occasional chocolate indulgence. Blondies are the perfect dessert to me. They are like brownies in shape and texture, but are flavored with brown sugar in place of the chocolate. So delicious!
These brown sugar M&M blondies are bursting with the wonderful flavor of brown sugar, creating a caramel-like flavor that is just amazing. That makes them pretty fabulous in my book.
Stay warm this weekend if you live anywhere in the vicinity of this arctic tundra we are experiencing right now. Sunday’s HIGH temperature is going to be below zero. I’m not even kidding. Lowest high temperature (oxymoron?) we have had in 33 years according to the news and we are absolutely running out of places to put all of this snow. Some sunshine would be great, mother nature. OK, I’m done venting. Happy Valentine’s day everyone!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 and ¾ cup M&M's (I used the Valentine's Day colors)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside. Melt butter in a separate bowl. Add firmly packed brown sugar in with the butter and mix well. Cool slightly.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla to the butter/sugar and blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well. Mix in 1 cup M&M's.
- Spread in a generously greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Pat down with hand or spatula so they are evenly spread all around the pan. Sprinkle the rest of the M&M's on top and push down slightly into batter. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe source: highly adapted from allrecipes.com