Brown Sugar M&M Blondies
Brown Sugar M&M Blondies are an easy dessert to make for Valentine’s day or any occasion. They are, soft, chewy and full of flavor!
I know I’m a month early, but I think I covered all of my Valentine bases this week: I provided you with a Valentine’s day dinner idea, a dessert recipe for the chocolate addicts, and now one sweet treat for those who aren’t huge on chocolate. Anyone else besides me? I have always been a “vanilla” kind of girl, but I do like the occasional chocolate indulgence. Blondies are the perfect dessert to me. They are like brownies in shape and texture, but are flavored with brown sugar in place of the chocolate. These Brown Sugar M&M Blondies are so delicious!
These brown sugar M&M blondies are bursting with the wonderful flavor of brown sugar, creating a caramel-like flavor that is just amazing. That makes them pretty fabulous in my book. I also love the festive colors of the M&M candies. You can change up the colors of the M&M’s for whatever occasion you happen to be making these for! I’m also loving these Strawberry Cream Cheese Brownies from my friend Kirsten.
Stay warm this weekend if you live anywhere in the vicinity of this arctic tundra we are experiencing this coming weekend. We are in for another snow storm this weekend and they are saying 10-18 inches of snow expected where I live up by the lake. It’s a good thing we’ve had a couple days of weather in the 50’s to make room for the new snow! Some sunshine would be great, mother nature. OK, I’m done venting. Happy (way) early Valentine’s day everyone!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 and ¾ cup M&M's (I used the Valentine's Day colors)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside. Melt butter in a separate bowl. Add firmly packed brown sugar in with the butter and mix well. Cool slightly.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla to the butter/sugar and blend well. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well. Mix in 1 cup M&M's.
- Spread in a generously greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Pat down with hand or spatula so they are evenly spread all around the pan. Sprinkle the rest of the M&M's on top and push down slightly into batter. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe source: highly adapted from allrecipes.com
Original publish date: 2/23/15. Edited/updated and repulished on 1/12/18.