Green Lime Sherbet Punch recipe that is great for any holiday, especially Christmas, St. Patrick’s Day, or a baby shower! Everyone loves this at parties!
Grinch punch! This is such a fun and festive drink to serve for the holidays. I was so excited about making this last year as it was our first Christmas in our very first home and I was hosting Christmas dinner. Being a huge fan of anything festive when it comes to holidays, I had to make this Grinch punch along with the little cheesy sign I made to put next to the punch bowl. Aren’t you so impressed with my artwork? I may be in the wrong business here 😉
You will LOVE this holiday punch! It’s not only pretty to look at it, but it’s tasty, too. The green color is so much fun and everyone always loves it. I also made it for our New Year’s Eve party and it was a huge hit – I was refilling the punch bowl all night. There’s just something about a green beverage that I love…and I guess others feel the same way because it’s always gone in NO time at all!
I even made this same punch a few years back for my sister-in-law’s baby shower and threw little rubber duckies on top to float around in it. It was a fun alternative to the typical pink-colored punch! It was also a great neutral color choice to use for this particular punch since my sister-in-law didn’t know the gender of her baby yet. This green punch would be perfect for St. Patrick’s day, as well! We may have to revisit this recipe when that time comes.
- 2 quarts lime sherbet*
- 2 liters Sprite, 7-Up or Ginger Ale
- 1 gallon green Hawaiian punch
- 1 (46-ounce) can pineapple juice
- Maraschino cherries or frozen strawberries, optional, for a little red color
- Pineapple sherbet, optional, to add to top for extra flavor and color (see photo)
- Green food coloring if you want more color
- LED light-changing ice cubes, to make punch glow at night
- In a large punch bowl, add half of lime sherbet.
- Pour half the Sprite/7-Up/Ginger Ale over the top and then add half of the pineapple juice and half of the Hawaiian Punch.
- Add in cherries or strawberries, if using.
- Add LED ice cubes and turn them on the green setting to make the punch glow green at night.
- *If you can't find lime sherbet, substitute rainbow sherbet (and just use the green), pineapple, or lemon sherbet and add some green food coloring until you reach the green color you desire. You can also get creative and find other ways to make it green - green apple soda, green apple Crystal Light, green Powerade etc. Enjoy!
- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!