Caprese Pasta Salad recipe is great for a summer grilling side dish and perfect for a picnic or BBQ.
When it comes to summer grilling, there are a few dishes that always have a place at the table and pasta salad is one of them. I made this caprese version of it way back in the beginning of the summer for a small BBQ we were hosting with family on the 4th of July. This Caprese Pasta Salad got a lot of compliments and I loved how quick and easy it was to assemble and it’s perfect for any summer cook-outs, picnics, BBQs & potlucks.
What I love most about this Caprese Pasta Salad was that it is full of fresh ingredients and exciting flavors – delicious and beautiful enough for any occasion. It is also so simple to make due to its short ingredient list, it comes together in no time, and can easily feed a crowd. Leftovers taste pretty spectacular, too. I actually thought it tasted even better the next day, so next time I think I will make it a day in advance.
I really love this recipe and the addition of garlic-infused oil. I am a huge garlic lover and I feel that just adds SO much to this recipe. Garlic power!
What about your plans for the long Memorial Day weekend?
- This recipe doubles and triples nicely if you’re feeding a large crowd.*
- 1 lb. pasta shapes (I used shells)
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, cubed (or buy the mozzarella balls)
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse well with cold water. In the meantime, add the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a small skillet. Over medium-low heat, allow the oil to infuse with the flavors for about 5-10 minutes. Be careful that the garlic doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine the cooked pasta, olive oil mixture, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from annies-eats.com- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!