Fresh Peach Crisp
The Best Fresh Peach Crisp recipe: deliciously sweet and juicy peach layer topped with the most irresistible crisp topping in the world. This is the perfect summer and fall dessert and is super easy to make!
As I continue my summer of warm, syrupy fruit with melty ice cream while everyone else is pumpkin spice this and pumpkin spice that. This fresh peach crisp recipe has the perfect ingredients for deliciousness. I’m peach obsessed (hello, Italian Fresh Peach Crumb Cake).
Take a look at all these layers and tell me how you could resist it?
My blog turns 9 on the 17th! Yes, nearly 9 years later of having my blog I’m still not patient enough for pie crust but I love a good crisp recipe.
This is really saying a lot, because now that I’m a mom my patience has increased drastically (some days, some days not). I could be on the verge of a level ten meltdown and I will still be patient with my two year old because I have to be. What choice do I have, really?
But not really for pie crust. Feeling that pie dough is high maintenance in itself, let alone trying to gracefully place the dough into the pie dish and making the edges all pretty and crimped. Not really my thing. Who needs pie crust when crisp and crock pot peach cobbler desserts exist?
I have patience for many food related things but pie crust was never one of them. I’ve got better at it over the years, but the crisp desserts are the answer to a quick and delish pie-like treat!
I loved that this recipe did not have a bunch of warm spices. The lemon juice really brings out the fresh flavor of the peaches. The lemon and vanilla together give this a really elegant flavor – better than any other peach crisp of crumble I have ever had. Give me all the peaches.
Eat this for a snack, have it for breakfast, or make it as your dessert. The peaches are sweet, juicy, and everything you want a peach to be.
Be sure to also try my Peach Crumb Bars. Making your late summer dessert dreams come true with this fresh peach crisp.
- ● 6-8 (3-4 pounds) peaches, peeled and cut into slices
- ● 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ● ½ cup sugar, more or less depending on sweetness of peaches
- ● 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ● ¼ teaspoon salt
- ● ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ● ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ● ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ● ½ cup oats, quick cooking
- ● 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ● 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ● ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened plus more for coating pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter or grease a square 8x8 baking pan
- Peel and slice peaches then add to large mixing bowl
- Add lemon juice and sugar and toss to coat, set aside for about15 minutes
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg until thoroughly combined
- Work the butter into mixture until crumbly, set aside
- Drain excess juices from peaches, then add peaches back into bowl
- Stir in flour, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon
- Add peaches to prepared 8x8 baking pan
- Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the top
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve warm or room temperature with vanilla ice cream (optional). Enjoy!