Italian Fresh Peach Crumb Cake
Italian Fresh Peach Crumb Cake recipe is a quick, crowd-pleasing dessert with typically on-hand ingredients. It’s a great way to use up those fresh peaches!
The best desserts I’ve ever had in my life were back when I visited Celano, Italy. Anyone who has been to Italy knows what’s up. Any dessert with the world “Italian” in the title automatically means it’s going to be good. This Italian Fresh Peach Crumb Cake did not disappoint. I was super excited to have made this cake with peaches that came from my backyard. That’s right – no grocery store required. I took a basket and walked right to my peach tree in my backyard and picked these guys myself. I love it! I may have made this crock pot peach cobbler again with the 100 peaches I ended up picking up the tree that just kept on giving.
Have more will power than me and try to resist picking at the amazing crumb topping on this cake while it sits there calling out your name. Also, you should know that this cake caused me to have an incredibly annoying fruit fly infestation in my kitchen for approximately three weeks. Totally worth it.
- CRUMB CRUST
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 egg
- PEACH FILLING
- 2½ cups sliced peaches, then cut in half
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Grease and flour an 8" or 9" springform pan. You can use a cake pan, if necessary.
- In a medium bowl mix together peaches and sugar, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, add butter using a pastry blender or fork combine to form a crumbly mixture, add egg and continue to mix only until still crumbly.
- Add approximately ⅔ of the crumbly mixture to the cake pan, spoon peach mixture on top and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Let cool.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe source: anitalianinmykitchen.com