Cookie Dough Bread
Cookie Dough Bread (with a dairy-free version) is a simple, quick dessert bread recipe great for a holiday breakfast, holiday dessert, or just to enjoy as a weekend breakfast idea!
Because I love all things cookie dough and know that you all do, too, I made a cookie dough bread just for you! It had to happen. It was only a matter of time.
Sweets are the centerpiece of the holidays when it comes to food and this bread is one dessert recipe you HAVE to try…like, now! It is easy to make, so delicious, and the ultimate dream bread in every way possible.
I’ve made Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes in the past because I’m kind of obsessed with cookie dough anything. They quickly became one of the most popular dessert recipes on my website. I then tried Monster Cookie Dough Energy Bites which were no-bake and perfect for a snack to just take with you on the go.
My cookie dough obsession didn’t stop there, however. I then made chocolate chip cookie cups with cookie dough frosting and so many cookie dough desserts, but I needed a cookie dough bread to add to my recipe collection. This bread came out exactly as I had hoped. It tasted just like cookie dough but really isn’t all that fatty and horrible for you. It is made with vanilla yogurt!
I actually made this bread the second time with non-dairy vanilla yogurt. I was completely skeptical on how it would turn out but it honestly came out absolutely perfect. You would never know the difference when making it without the dairy! Being that there is yogurt in it, I’m totally calling this a healthy dessert. Ha!
If you need a holiday breakfast idea, a quick bread is always a good idea. This cookie dough bread will win you all over in no time at all and will quickly become one of your go-to dessert recipes. The glaze really puts it over the top. What’s not to love? You should also try my chocolate chip cookie dough bars or my No-Bake Stuffed Cookie Dough Bites which are NO-BAKE! Enjoy!
- Two 5 oz. containers of Vanilla Greek Yogurt*
- 1½ cups Self Rising Four
- ½ cup Sour Cream*
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1½ cups Chocolate Chips + ⅓ cup for the topping
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tsp Milk or Heavy Cream (can use non dairy milk)
- Spray a bread loaf pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the Flour, Sour Cream, Sugar, Yogurt, Vanilla and the Chocolate Chips, reserving the extra ⅓ cup of the Chocolate Chips for the topping later on. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour. Check at 45 minutes. Bake until toothpick or knife inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool completely. Flip it onto a wire rack to finish cooling or place directly on your serving plate.
- While the bread is baking, make the glaze.
- Mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk/heavy cream (add milk a little at a time so it doesn't turn out too watery).
- Pour glaze over the cooled bread. Add chocolate chips on top. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from ohbiteit.com