Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes are an easy dessert that looks like you spent all day. They are rich and creamy in the center and perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Happy Valentine’s week! While I make it known that I’m not huge on Valentine’s day every year when it rolls around, I AM a fan of desserts like these Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes and any excuse to make them and eat them.
These Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes were delicious! I like to order lava cakes at restaurants and these were just as good, if not better, than anything I’ve had while dining out. I just had no idea how easy they were to make at home and how very few ingredients they required.
Here are a few more Valentine’s Day treats for you:
Sugar Cookie Popcorn – this is awesome and great for treats to bring to school for kids!
Cupid’s Crunch Chex Mix – This fun party mix is my absolutely favorite snack around this time of year.
Copycat Frosted Swig Sugar Cookies – these are so very pretty for any shower or holiday!
Conversation Heart Sugar Cookie Bark – this is the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert for kids to help make!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 2 whole large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- Fresh raspberries, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place butter and baking chocolate into a large microwave-safe bowl then microwave for 1 minute, or until butter is melted, then stir until butter and chocolate are smooth.
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar then stir until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolks then stir until smooth. Add flour then stir until just combined.
- Spray 4 custard cups very well with non-stick spray then place onto a baking sheet.
- Pour chocolate batter evenly into cups then bake for 12-13 minutes, or until the sides are set but center is still soft (but not jiggly.) Middle will look not quite done, but sides should be set.
- Let cool for 2 or 3 minutes, then invert cakes onto serving plates. They should come right out, but if needed, run a small knife around edges to loosen.
- Dust with powdered sugar then serve with fresh berries on top and on the side and/or whipped cream.
Recipe source: adapted from tastykitchen.com