Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes are rich peanut butter cupcakes topped with a sweet and loaded cookie dough frosting packed full with peanut butter, chocolate chips and M&M candy! This is the best cupcake recipe ever!
I am really sorry to have to do this to you, but I have the best cupcake recipe to share with you today. Break out your stretchy pants before you bake these Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes up because these cupcakes are FAN-TAB-ULOUS! I just might sneak another because I know once Mr. Wishes gets a hold of them, only crumbs will remain.
If you like this recipe, come follow along on Instagram where I share all of my new ideas!
I had a hankering to make cupcakes the other day and I then realized something very sad: I have no cupcake recipes on my blog! How could this be?! I don’t know how I let this go on for so long but it’s about time to change that.
I’m so glad you’re here! Follow along on Pinterest for more inspiration!
These Monster Cookie Dough Cupcakes are amazing in every way. You have to really like peanut butter, obviously, because there is a good amount of peanut butter that goes into these cupcakes, as well as in the frosting. Peanut butter lovers will definitely double their pleasure with these.
Basically, this is a super moist and rich peanut butter cupcake, with chocolate chips, and monster cookie dough frosting to top it all off. The mini M&M’s for the frosting can be hard to find sometimes at the store, but you can buy them here!
If your frosting is runny, then you probably need to add a little more powdered sugar. Do not be afraid to add this extra powdered sugar to bring the consistency of the frosting to where you want it to be as far as thickness goes. You might also like my cookie dough bread! I also very highly recommend you try my no-bake chocolate chip cookie dough bars.
I have to say this is a keeper and will be made over and over again…
View My Step-by-Step Video and Tips on How To make these cupcakes!
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- 1¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (don't use reduced fat or fat free!)
- ½ c. butter, softened
- ½ c. creamy peanut butter
- 1- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. oats
- ¾ bag plain mini M&Ms
- ¾ cup mini or regular semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to whisk together all of the cupcake ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Then, stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula.
- Fill each cupcake liner about ⅔ full of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, use a stand mixer dough paddle to beat together the cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Mix in the brown sugar, flour, vanilla, and oats.
- Mix in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time (1 and ½ cups worked out best for me).
- Finally add the M&Ms and Chocolate chips, mix well.
- Use a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to scoop out the cookie dough onto the completely cooled cupcakes.
Recipe source: base cupcake recipe adapted from howsweeteats.com