Slow Cooker Peppermint Mochas
Slow Cooker Peppermint Mochas: a great hot drink recipe to serve at a holiday or winter party & an absolute must-try for this time of year! Throw it all in your crock pot & it’s ready in 2 hours!
Drinks sometimes get forgotten about around the Christmas season since baked good are the stars of the show. I love finding drinks I can make in large quantities to serve at a party. These Slow Cooker Peppermint Mochas are perfect for winter or for the holidays!
My Creamy Crock Pot Hot Chocolate is blowing up my blog and breaking the internet every Christmas and I was trying to find something kind of similar, but with coffee in it. We all could use that extra boost of caffeine around the holidays when we’re running around like chickens with our heads cut off.
My Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Lattes are one of my favorite party drinks with coffee. This recipe for Slow Cooker Peppermint Mochas will be a huge hit at any holiday bash. Homemade mochas are kicked up a notch with a peppermint flare! Back in the day when I hated coffee drinks, I would still have gone crazy over this.
A coffee drink made in “bulk” is pretty much the best thing you can possible make for your Christmas party or New Year’s Eve party. You can easily keep this warm all night during your holiday gatherings and not have to mess with the coffee maker and making coffee all night for your guests. Any time saver during holiday parties, especially when I’m hosting, is pretty much the best thing ever.
Serve these Slow Cooker Peppermint Mochas in your crock pot (double the batch if you’re having a large party) and keep the coffee mugs, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and candy canes next to the crock pot. All of your party guests can scoop it into their own mug and top it as they wish! You can even get a little crazy and have a bowl of crushed peppermint candy/candy canes to top these mochas with.
If you’re more into white chocolate, this Slow Cooker Snowflake White Hot Chocolate (the photo right below) is one of my favorites!
Check out my how-to video of me making the recipe for these Slow Cooker Peppermint Mochas!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 shots of espresso OR 2 cups very strong brewed coffee
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peppermint syrup (recipe below)
- Whipped cream & shaved chocolate, for garnish
- Candy canes to garnish each mug for serving
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved (about a minute).
- Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint extract.
- In a 3-quart or larger slow cooker/Crock Pot, stir together the milk, espresso/coffee, chocolate chips, and peppermint syrup.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-2.5 hours, stirring occasionally to help distribute the melting chocolate, until steaming.
- Reduce heat to warm and keep covered once the mocha has heated to steaming.
- Serve in individual mugs, topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Place a candy cane in each mug before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from kitchentreaty.com