Banana Bread Brownies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache
Banana Bread Brownies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache: if you like bananas and chocolate in any way, shape, or form, this banana bread recipe is for you!
Hello….it’s me. I’m coming at ya again with another (sort of) blondie recipe. These blondies, however, are more of a banana bread cake or brownies. I wasn’t even exactly sure what to call them. Banana bread brownies just seems to describe them the best.
Bananas and peanut butter are also a favorite of mine. So why not combine all three? It truly is the best combination under the sun. A perfect example of this is my Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread. These are perfect for fall baking and the upcoming holidays. I love them for a random weekend when I just am in the mood to bake and for my house to smell amazing.
These banana bread brownies are “cakey” NOT chewy. Don’t expect really chewy brownies when making these bad boys. I already am a huge fan of chocolate and peanut butter together.
Let’s talk about the chocolate peanut butter ganache for a second here. I literally want to put peanut butter ganache on everything now. You will definitely want to eat it by the spoonful. Just make sure you save enough for the brownies! You can definitely leave off the ganache and still have deliciousness, but it really does take them from delicious to amazingly delicious.
If you’re more of a caramel person, I bet this would be great with caramel instead of chocolate. Caramel and banana are also a great combination, like in my Caramel Macchiato Banana Bread. If you haven’t tried that one, you are seriously missing out.
I’m making your banana bread dreams come true here, guys. Try them soon! Oh, also try my blueberry banana bread while you’re at it.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and egg yolks until smooth.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter and vanilla; whisk until combined.
- Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring until a thicker batter comes together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until the bars seem set in the center and are slightly golden.. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Combine the chocolate and peanut butter to a large bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it is hot but not boiling OR simply heat it in the microwave.
- Remove it from the heat and pour it over the chocolate and peanut butter.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes, then stir continuously until chocolate completely melts & ganache forms.
- Allow the ganache to cool for a few minutes before pouring it over the bars. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from howsweeteats.com