Baked Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
Crowd-Pleasing Baked Pepperoni Pizza Rolls recipe using egg roll wrappers is my version of the store-bought pizza rolls or pizza logs you find at the diners. These rolls are baked, not fried!
No need to mess around with making pizza dough to get your pizza fix anymore! I loved these Baked Pepperoni Pizza Rolls so much that I made a small batch of them last week and did not even save ONE for poor Mr. Wishes.
He had some of our favorite pepperoni pizza bread recently, so he is not THAT deprived.
Pizza rolls bring me back to my childhood. During the summer, my family used to drive out to a restaurant called Tom’s Original for dinner. It was realistically probably a 20-25 minute drive from our house, but as a kid it seemed like a “day trip”. We never really left our small town of Webster much so this was kind of an adventure!
I am 100% sure I never ever ordered anything else besides pizza logs. Every other normal person got a burger and fries, but I was obsessed with these things. They were not the healthiest thing in the world – fried egg roll wrappers filled with cheese and pepperoni. As a kid, who cares, right?
Even well into my adult years I would order pizza rolls at diners or at a restaurant called “Charlies” in Webster. My metabolism is not what it used to be (sad face) so I normally opt out of fried food for the most part and have stopped making a meal out of pizza rolls and my famous pepperoni pizza nachos. Is that what they call “adulting”? Have I finally grown up?
They also freeze very well! You can simply just pull a few out of the freezer and stick them right in the oven for a quick and easy snack.
If you’re a pizza lover like I am, make sure you try these other pizza recipes on my website:
Pepperoni Pizza Dip – this is one of my favorite party appetizers and pizza in dip form!
Easy Bacon Alfredo Pizza – I love using white alfredo sauce on my pizza every so often!
One Pan Pizza Pasta Casserole – this pizza and pasta mash-up is pretty much the best combination ever!
Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza – I made this after I tried the pizza in Chicago and it is JUST as good homemade!
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 2 jars (14 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 32 egg roll wrappers
- Additional pizza sauce for dipping, warmed up
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese and pepperoni. Stir in pizza sauce until combined.
- Place about ¼ cup filling in the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water and roll up very tightly to seal.
- Fold in side corners and roll tightly, sealing edges with egg wash (use a pastry brush). Make sure they are rolled tightly to prevent bursting/leaking of the cheese in the oven. A little bit might happen and that's OK.
- Lightly coat egg rolls with cooking spray, and place, seam side down in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat nonstick baking mat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy (to your liking). Keep an eye on them as different ovens tend to cook things faster/slower). If for some reason they aren't crispy enough after 25 minutes, leave them in a little longer.
- Let rest for a minute or two and then cut pizza rolls on the bias, if you wish, placing on a serving platter and serve warm with pizza sauce!
Love these things! And this recipe is genius — nifty idea to use egg roll wrappers. Very clever — thanks.
These bring back memories Ashley! We would go out of our way to get you pizza rolls. But I like the idea of baked–they look yummy!
Perfect appetizer for my book club! So easy and delicious!!
My kids love these!
This is now a family favorite, especially with the kids.
Simply delicious! These were spot on with the kids!!
These were a huge hit! My kids loved it!
This has to be so freaking good.
Can you prep these and freeze. To bake later?
Yes you absolutely can