Pepperoni Pizza Bread
Pepperoni Pizza Bread is an appetizer recipe that has been in the family for years and made at every single holiday! You can make a meal out of this!
Consider yourselves special that I am sharing this “secret” family recipe for pepperoni pizza bread with you…I just really want you to have the best of the best to serve at your holiday parties. This always goes over well at parties and there’s never any left over.
The only thing I recommend about this pepperoni pizza bread is that you don’t skip the beaten egg yolk step at the end. The egg gives the crust a wonderful shine and flavor that complements the salty insides wonderfully.
Oh and P.S. – you might want to have your cholesterol medicine on hand!
- 1 - 1.25 pounds pizza dough, rolled out thin
- pepperoni (about ½ lb)
- mozzarella cheese (or cheese of choice, about ¼ lb)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- vegetable oil
- oregano, salt & pepper
- optional: any veggies you wish to add
- (For this bread, prepare your favorite pizza dough recipe (here is a good one if you don't have a favorite: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-pizza-crust/detail.aspx), or use fresh pizza dough from your grocery store.)
- Prepare the recipe of your favorite pizza dough, if making from scratch.Dust a clean work surface with flour.
- Roll out dough into a long circular shape, about 12-14 inches long and about 8 inches wide.
- Roll the dough thin.
- Rub dough with vegetable oil and blot any excess oil.
- Salt and pepper the dough generously and sprinkle oregano over all.
- Spread pepperoni over the whole thing (and any other goodies you are adding). Sprinkle cheese on.
- Roll and form into a ball after rolling (pictured above).
- Using a pastry brush, brush beaten egg over the top of the bread and down the sides.
- Sprinkle with pizza seasoning, if desired.Preheat oven to 375 degrees (preheat a pizza stone, if using) and bake on a lightly greased or foil-lined baking sheet or pie pan for about 45 minutes. Keep an eye on it and it's done when the crust is golden brown.Cut into pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve with marinara sauce to dip, if you wish!