Air Fryer Fruity Pebble French Toast
Air Fryer Fruity Pebble French Toast is a classic French toast recipe made with a sweet and crispy cereal coating right in the air fryer. This Fruity Pebbles French toast is a new twist on a classic favorite breakfast or brunch!
I think I’ve finally figured out why I love breakfast so much. It’s one of the only meals where it’s truly acceptable to eat dessert. This Air Fryer Fruity Pebble French Toast is one of my favorite French toast recipes. Winning.
I’m sharing a recipe today for Air Fryer Fruity Pebble French Toast that you will not be able to stop eating. This French toast has the perfect balance of taste and texture with the crunchy cereal topping. It’s fun like my Banana Bread French Toast, and it is a great and easy way to spice up breakfast or brunch.
Air Fryer French Toast is really a quick and easy to make, and it freezes really well. So, now you can stop buying the frozen French toast sticks or waffles and make a huge batch of this homemade air fryer French toast instead. It would be perfect for Mother’s Day brunch! The best possible idea is to serve this to your mother for breakfast in bed, just saying.
Using the air fryer is definitely a learning curve, but if you’re reading this today, I bet that you’ve already perfected it. If you need any help, check out my amazing post on How To Make French Toast. Make sure you spray your air fryer basket generously with cooking spray.
As you coat the bread for the French Toast, place them into the basket with space between them. Be careful not to crowd the basket too much or they won’t cook properly or evenly. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 4 minutes, then flip the French Toast, and air fry for another 3 or 4 minutes, until done. Keep an eye on things so they don’t get overcooked. Each person’s air fryer cooks differently.
What is the best kind of bread to use for French toast?
I usually use whatever I have on hand, but brioche, challah or Texas toast are best. Obviously, regular sandwich bread works, but if you really want the best possible outcome and breakfast experience, I highly recommend Texas Toast. It comes out really great in the air fryer – light and fluffy.
I really urge you to try this for breakfast soon! The colorful cereal bits add not only a dose of fun, but some welcome crunchy texture, as well. I mean, come on, who doesn’t love some nostalgic Fruity Pebbles? We all love it, is the correct answer. So give this one a try and you will totally fall in love with it. When you do make it, be sure to take a picture and post it to my Instagram or Facebook page.
Here are some other French Toast Recipes on my site you should try:
Banana & Nutella Stuffed French Toast
Crock Pot Cinnamon Bun French Toast
Mini French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups
Air Fryer Fruity Pebble French Toast
- 4 slices of thick bread brioche, challah, or Texas toast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups crushed Fruity Pebbles
- In a medium, shallow mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla together.
- In another bowl, place crushed Fruity Pebbles. (I like to use a bowl that is about as wide as a slice of bread.)
- Prepare your air fryer basket by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture, making sure each side is covered. Next, place the slices of bread in the crushed Fruity Pebbles, making sure both sides are completely covered.
- Place your covered bread in your greased air fryer basket. Be sure that bread is not touching. You may have to cook in a couple batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry at 350ºF for 4 minutes. Flip bread and air fry for an additional 3 minutes or until French toast is done. Enjoy!