Coconut Crusted French Toast
Easy Coconut Crusted French Toast is a tasty weekend breakfast recipe. Toasted coconut flakes and warm maple syrup make this the ultimate sweet breakfast indulgence!
There are a ridiculous number of foods I always claimed or thought I hated my whole life and then all of a sudden grew on me and now I love them. Coconut Crusted French Toast is one of these foods.
I guess it is true that your taste buds change with old age! I have learned to love the flavor and think it smells heavenly.
French toast, however, is something I have always loved. If plain French toast is your thing, I have this amazing detailed post on How to Make French Toast. It is just such a classic breakfast and is my favorite sweet morning treat, but I really love it anytime of the day.
A certain someone that I’m married to has said on occasion that he just can’t understand how I can make a meal out of bread soaked in syrup. He doesn’t know what he’s missing! I added some chicken sausage on the side to make him happy 🙂
P.s. If you are a coconut fan, you just might love these cookies. Have a great day!
Here are some other delicious French toast recipes you should definitely try!
Blueberry French Toast Casserole
Banana & Nutella Stuffed French Toast
Crock Pot Cinnamon Bun French Toast
Mini French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 6 slices of French bread, cut into ½ inch slices
- Butter, maple syrup, and strawberries-for serving, if desired
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, coconut extract, vanilla extract, and salt. Place the shredded coconut on a plate. Dip both sides of each slice of bread into the egg mixture (let it really soak in to the bread). Dip both sides of the coated bread into the shredded coconut. Drizzle a little egg mixture on top of the coconut to make it stick to the bread.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan or a griddle to medium to medium-high heat. Cook the slices of bread until golden brown on one side and then turn and cook the other side. Serve immediately or keep French toast warm in a 250 degree F oven.
- Serve with butter (this doesn't really need it) and pure maple syrup.
Recipe source: adapted from www.twopeasandtheirpod.com
How is a girl supposed to lose weight with all these yummy recipes arriving in her Email in box?!?! 🙂
Coconut is a healthy fat? ha ha, I tried. Can’t wait to see your new website when it goes “live” 🙂
I’m weirdly picky about french toast–this looks like it would def. be up to par 😛 😀
I am, too! It is not all treated equal 🙂
I agree that coconut is one of those foods that you think you hate but you actually love!
It’s so weird, isn’t it?! I’m glad I’m not alone in this 🙂
Holy yum!! This french toast looks amazing! I am a huge fan of anything with coconut…I have to make this soon! 🙂
Me too! I don’t make coconut recipes nearly enough 🙂
Yum, we have french toast often and I love coconut. We will have to try this!
I was a total coconut skeptic…until this summer and I’ve been obsessed! I haven’t tried including it in french toast though, and definitely need to try this 🙂
I think you’ll love it if you love coconut!
Pingback: Coconut Crusted French Toast | Cooking Pics
Love coconut and this just looks fabulous!
I have been on a TOTAL coconut kick lately… this looks awesome!
Thanks, Kammie! Sorry for my late response – I had a ton of comments go to my spam for some reason!