Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies
Classic Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies recipe are rich, chewy cookies with hazelnuts, cocoa, and chocolate. They are irresistible cookies for Christmas and only a few simple steps to make!
Say hello to Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies! These bad boys are chocolatey, chewy, crunchy, rich and everything your Christmas needs right now! Super chewy and perfect Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies for the big fat win.
A holiday just isn’t a holiday without crinkle cookies. I know it, you know it, we all know it. They are seriously one of my all-time favorite cookie recipes, not just for the holidays. To be honest, some days, they are my favorite. I love a good tradition – you know this about me!
The crinkle in this recipe’s name comes from the obvious and distinctive crackle-top these cookies have. The “crinkle” look, like in my Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies or my Peanut Butter Chocolate Soft & Chewy Crinkle Cookies, is achieved through the transformation of sugar-coated dough balls into distinctively textured cookies. I know you love my food lessons!
These Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies are so simple, moist and delicious. They seriously are little bits of chocolate heaven brought to your dessert trays, much like my Double Chocolate Truffle Cookies. The chocolate cookies are easily one of the cookies that disappear off the cookie tray first. Everyone goes crazy over them.
These Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies are the perfect indulgence, especially if you’re a sweet and salty fan like I am. The salty hazelnuts paired with the sweet chocolate is seriously a dream.
Time to run to the kitchen. A little texture, flavor and everything in between all in one delicious Christmas cookie. My ultimate goal when baking these cookies was to keep them as chewy as I could without allowing them to get too cake-like and I think that goal was definitely achieved.
These snowy cookies are great for the winter holidays! Merry Christmas, my friends!
- 2 oz hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 3 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate until melted and smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar.
- Add 1 egg and melted chocolate. Beat until well combined.
- Add milk and vanilla, beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in chopped hazelnuts.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge minimum 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat..
- Roll the dough into balls and then coat very generously with powdered sugar. Place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart since they spread a bit in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.