Peanut Butter Chocolate Soft & Chewy Crinkle Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Soft & Chewy Crinkle Cookies recipe packed with peanut butter and chocolate chips are your new favorite holiday Christmas cookie to add to your dessert trays!
Things have been a little crazier than normal around here with the holidays coming up. My tree is up, my house is decorated, and I have my baking list ready to go for Christmas already. I bake at the last minute, so I like to at least have a plan of what I need to shop for and what I’m making.
My family is going on a big family cruise next week which means I’ll be gone for the week and a half leading up to Christmas. This is forcing me to be ultra-prepared this season as I need to have everything done before I go! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Soft & Chewy Crinkle Cookies are on my list to bake again, obviously. There will also be an uproar if I don’t make my Italian Ricotta Cookies.
I love these Peanut Butter Chocolate Soft & Chewy Crinkle Cookies because they freeze well and they even ship well if you’re sending edible gifts to some lucky family or friends! They are chewy, addictive and just came out perfectly. Doesn’t the white powdered sugar on the outside of the cookies remind you of snow?
These cookies are seriously appropriate for any occasion and not strictly a holiday cookie. I like to deem them a Christmas cookie because of the “snowy” appearance on the outside like my Walnut Snowball Cookies have. I mean, I guess what cookie can’t count as a Christmas cookie, right? Oh, and crinkle cookies always make me think of the holidays. I’m rambling, I realize.
If you’re wondering about the texture of these Peanut Butter Chocolate Soft & Chewy Crinkle Cookies, they are very soft and moist on the inside and you get just the right burst of chocolate and peanut butter in every bite.
I like to use mini chocolate chips because I feel like they distribute throughout the cookie more evenly, but feel free to use any chocolate chips. Heck, you can even use butterscotch or peanut butter chips if you are feeling a little crazy! These cookies will make you the most popular person at your holiday parties.
Tip: I prefer them still a little warm when I go to devour them. They are best that way.
You will also most likely love the following cookie recipes:
Peanut Butter Fudge Puddles – these are one of my most popular cookies on my blog for the holidays. Melty chocolate inside a peanut butter cup cookie!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – jumbo-size cookies that are so insanely rich and sinful!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies – peanut butter cookie cups stuffed with a melty mini Reese’s peanut butter cup!
Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies – I love s’mores and they are s’mores in the form of a cookie!
- 2 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (don't use all-natural as it's too oily)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted, and still warm
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips (can use regular)
- ½ - 1 cup of powdered sugar, for rolling cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Place sugar and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour warm butter over sugar and cream cheese and whisk until well combined.
- Add peanut butter and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add egg and heavy cream; whisk together.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until completely combined (use your hands to mix the dough if it's easier).
- Fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Form approximately 1-inch balls and roll them in the powdered sugar.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet, leaving some space between them.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack. Enjoy!