Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Quick and easy Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies recipe are my favorite Christmas shortbread cookie recipe! These cookies are so tender, buttery and delicate! The chocolate chips are the perfect addition.
Right now the way to my heart is Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies. I mean, just look at these babies.
In my childhood and teenage years I never liked shortbread! I’m telling you that I would never ever ever ever reach for it on a holiday dessert tray. Lots of evers here, I know.
I always thought it was dry and boring and flavorless and was very much a grandma type of cookie. I know I’m picking on Grandma’s a lot here like in my post about Microwave Peanut Brittle. Sorry, mom. I love grandmothers, I really do.
BUT since I’ve started doing elderly things lately like getting excited about going to bed, I figured, why not? Let’s do up some shortbread.
The Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies recipe is as simple as mixing butter, flour and sugar together to create a dough that’s not too sweet but oh-so delicious. I am just a wee bit obsessed, can you tell?
I have shared approximately a billion cookies on Wishes and Dishes over the last 9+ years. I can honestly say these are in the top TWO. My Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies will always have the number one place in my heart. My my my, let me count the ways that I love you, Levain copycat cookies and Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies! I didn’t forget about you, Italian Ricotta Cookies again. You are number 3.
I have made one shortbread cookie in the past that you also must try called Toffee Almond Sandies. The photos are terrible so please don’t judge me. I’ve come a long way over time with my photography! If you need a good laugh though, head over to that post.
These Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies are so cute for tea parties, birthday parties, or any holiday! Shortbread cookies next to my purdy Christmas Light Bulb Cookies on your Christmas cookie trays this year, guys. I’m all in.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar, SIFTED
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325°.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use handheld mixer) add butter and powdered sugar and beat on medium speed cream until very fluffy.
- Add the salt, cornstarch, vanilla and flour. Beat until very light approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips and beat on low for about 10 seconds.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon, or roll into balls the size of a golf ball and lightly flatten with a fork, place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes(check at 10-12 if your cookies are smaller) until very lightly golden, almost white BUT not browned. Let cool for 5 minutes then carefully move to a wire rack, cool completely before serving. Enjoy!