This healthy Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad is covered with a creamy lime Greek yogurt dressing, avocado, tomatoes, and shredded chicken. This is the only salad recipe I can honestly say I have LOVED and it’s perfect for a summer picnic, grilling out, or Memorial Day side dish!
Happy Monday! I have a quick and easy salad recipe for you today that is perfect for busy summer (or spring!) evenings…and would make for a great side dish for your Memorial Day picnics! I’m hardly ever….as in maybe it’s only happened once or twice in my life….impressed by a salad – ESPECIALLY when it’s the main course for my dinner. I was very, very skeptical how this salad would turn out, but I ended up loving it and am going to make this regularly. Mr. Wishes gave his stamp of approval which made me realize that it was definitely a one-of-a-kind salad and sufficed for dinner. It was very filling!
Be sure and use romaine lettuce in this salad as it is sturdy enough to stand up to the moist ingredients and won’t wilt as quickly. This flavorful dish is just as good on the second day! This Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad really has such a nice ratio of carbs to protein. Another winner for my Mexican food loving eating style I also love that you can make a big batch and it’s good for a few days – I ate it for lunch the following day. If you make ONE salad from my blog, make this one! Have a great day!
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce OR ½ teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4.5 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 diced & peeled avocado
- ⅓ cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (can also use Pinto beans)
- 1 (8 ounce or close to it) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring well.
- To prepare salad, combine lettuce and remaining
- ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately so lettuce doesn't get soggy (will still taste good the next day, though).
Recipe source: adapted from nutmegnotebook.com- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!