Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups a la Mode
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups recipe a la mode topped with dark chocolate ice cream and finished off with a drizzle of strawberry syrup! These are the size of cupcakes and a great dessert recipe for any holiday, Valentine’s Day or birthday party!
Welcome to yet another giant cookie cup Wednesday! I hope you’ve been enjoying them as much as I have. Normally I fill my jumbo cookie cups with different variations of frosting and/or mousse, but this one is a little different – a cookie cup filled with ice cream for these warmer weather months coming up!
Perry’s Ice Cream sent me three of their new 2014 flavors as I am part of their Inside Scoopers program, one flavor being this delicious Premium Dark Chocolate that I used as the “a la mode” in these cookie cups. The Inside Scoopers program entitles me to early access of Perry’s new flavors and so much more! They are one of the largest ice cream producers in New York State and has always been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl.
I’m so excited about these cookies cups because they are like individual chocolate chip cookie cakes and would be great for a birthday party – cake and ice cream all in one dessert!
Note: You can get a jumbo muffin tin on Amazon if you don’t already have one. They are also great for making bakery style muffins, etc.! I also use these reusable Wilton cupcake decorating bag and decorating tips for piping on the frosting.
- ¾ cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (regular or mini)
- Ice Cream (I used Perry's Dark Chocolate, for topping cookie cups
- Strawberry Syrup, for drizzling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in vinegar, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour until combined.
- Add the flour mixture gradually into the butter mixture, beating to combine.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Portion dough into balls and place in lightly greased jumbo muffin tin, filling each cavity about ⅔ full of dough.
- Bake about 20-22 minutes (check at 18 if your oven cooks hot) or until middle is mostly cooked (I had to put mine in a few more times to make sure they were done but they were perfect right at 20 minutes - a little gooey is still fine because they will cook in the pan a little bit more as they cool).
- As soon as you take them out of the oven, use something with a circular bottom (I use the bottom of an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon) to press into the middle of the cups and make craters. Whatever you use should be slightly less than the width of the cookie. If after making indentation, you realize the cookies are too gooey, stick them in the oven for a couple more minutes.
- Let cool in the pan until they pop out easily.
- Run a butter knife around the edges of the cookies to loosen and gently lift out. I didn't need to do this, I just pulled them out with my fingers. These are best served slightly WARM because of the ice cream.
- Transfer cookies to working surface and top with one scoop of ice cream each. Drizzle strawberry ice cream topping over each and serve immediately.
Recipe source: an original Wishes and Dishes idea
Wow, that ice cream really tops it off spectacularly. Love this!
Adding a scoop of ice cream is ALWAYS a good idea. YUM!
You need to have me over for something like this. It sounds decadent!
Those photos with the cut/broken open are my favourite!! I just want to grab one through the screen……………… Yum! xoxo
I seriously can’t get over these!! Cookies, ice cream, chocolate. I think I <3 you. And these
Woah. That is one serious dessert!
Swooning over those inside shots – yum!
I think I just gained 5 pounds by looking at your photos. The chocolate sauce is seriously calling my name!
Ashley, these chocolate chip cookie cups look delicious! Perfect for summer! 🙂
Oh my GOSH!!! I would eat about 15 of these.
What a grand idea and so delicious too. I bet my boys would love this. The messier the chocolate the better…Have a super week. BAM
These are such a hit with my kids and a great treat to let them help make.
this looks so delicious! Pinning!
This is fun!! All I need now is a fork…and some privacy!
Wow! That’s something! What a treat
The inside of that looks incredible!
Ooh scrumptious maybe I will make these now that my son is coming home from college on a summer break.
These pictures are not doing anything to help me kick my chocolate addiction!!!
That Perry’s ice cream looks so amazingly rich – like they made it just for your delectable chocolate chip cookie cup!
Those are amazing!!! I wish they were right here in front of me!!!
Oh my!! Those look divine! Pinned!
Holy moly! This just takes your breath away, doesn’t it? I want to dip my face into that cookie cup soooo bad!
Oh please—-waaaaaay too decadent and tempting! And you know this is the type of dessert you serve that make people’s eyes light up! I like seeing that—very rewarding.
Goodness, woman! Need these!!
I am so enjoying all these cookie cups! I think this is the best one yet. I mean, really, who could resist that?!
Can’t get enough of your giant cookies! This might be the best yet — so, so good. Thanks.
Ashley, my mouth is watering! That chocolate looks divine!! I just happen to have a jumbo muffin cup pan and will be making these soon. Pinning!
Oh my heavens – this is one of those “must make ASAP” treats!
OH. MY. GOSH! No that is MY kind of chocolate ice cream!!! and I am loooving cookie cup Wednesdays! SO incredibly delicious!
I can not wait for the overload! Yum!
Goodness!! That’s one heck of a cookie!!
Definitely a good choice for a special occasion 🙂
This is such a creative idea!
I love all of your cookie cups! But I am really loving the flavors of this one!
Cookie cups and ice cream?? That’s my idea of dessert heaven right there : ) Looks amazingggg!
How fun! I love the idea of a cookie cup for ice cream. And, a perfect combination.
Such delicious looking cookie cups, indulgent with that nice big scoop of ice cream 😀
Choc Chip Uru
Wow Ashley this is sooo amazing! WOW I want like 5 right now. RIGHT NOW 😛
Pingback: Cherry Mousse Sugar Cookie Cups | Wishes and Dishes