15 Minute Avocado Caprese Chicken Wraps
If you need an easy, healthy lunch or dinner idea, these 15 Minute Avocado Caprese Chicken Wraps are loaded with balsamic vinaigrette-marinated chicken, avocado, and veggies!
I made these 15 Minute Avocado Caprese Chicken Wraps the other day because it was 85 degrees out and I was just not in the mood for hot food or hot meal. These babies are perfect for a quick summer meal. I whipped them up in 15-20 minutes and brought them out to our patio. We pretty much inhaled them in no time flat. My neighbor’s little teacup Yorkie came trotting over to our yard hoping for scraps but there were none to be had.
I’m so glad you’re here! Follow along on Pinterest for more inspiration!
The 15 Minute Avocado Caprese Chicken Wraps I’m sharing today are a great idea for a luncheon with friends or a lunch on-the-go. You can buy all of the ingredients ahead of time and bring them to work with you during the week! They are also much cheaper to make at home than going out for lunch. They totally reminded me of something you would order at a restaurant or café, but better. Kids will also love these if you stick them in their lunchboxes for ::::gasp:::: back-to-school time. Now that I’m not in school anymore it really takes the sting out of those words. I absolutely love the avocados in these wraps and it’s nice to find something to make with them besides just guacamole. Although, I am obsessed with my Best Homemade Ultimate Guacamole.
These 15 Minute Avocado Caprese Chicken Wraps were super easy, fast and very tasty. The balsamic vinaigrette would be wonderful on a salad or in a tomato basil salad. If you love easy wraps, try these Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps. They are another awesome use for leftover chicken. You can also skip the tortillas all together and make these turkey lettuce wraps from my friend Melanie for a quick meal. I used leftover chicken from the day before and you can feel free to use any cheese that you have on hand in these wraps (I used Colby Jack in the ones you see in the photos). You will make these again and again!
Do you have any go-to summer recipes that your family loves? Do share!
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- 1½ cups shredded, cooked chicken
- ¼ cup any combo of mayo OR Greek yogurt
- 2 cups chopped lettuce (any variety)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 oz. sliced cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, Colby Jack, etc.)
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tsp garlic powder,
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Remove 2 teaspoons of marinade and add this to a bowl with your chopped tomatoes. Toss to coat and let sit.
- Add the chicken in with the remaining marinade and stir until well-coated.
- Spread the entire surface of each wrap with 1-2 tablespoons mayo OR yogurt..
- Layer with lettuce, chicken, avocado, cheese, tomato, and basil.
- Roll up the wraps and slice in half, diagonally. Serve with extra balamic vinegar, for dipping (optional). These go great with chips and a side salad!
Recipe source: adapted from carlsbadcravings.com