Buttermilk Biscuit and Egg Breakfast Cobbler
Buttermilk Biscuit and Egg Breakfast Cobbler recipe is the perfect egg dish for breakfast, brunch or dinner! This casserole has all the best breakfast flavors and would be great for Mother’s day brunch or overnight house guests.
I have a good “bloggie” friend of mine named Melissa who has an amazing blog called Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen and she shared this buttermilk biscuit and egg breakfast cobbler on there quite a while ago (She called it a very whimsical name: “Giddy up and Go Cobbler”).
It had been on my radar for a ridiculous amount of time and I finally took the time to make it. I knew it was going to be a huge hit, especially with my breakfast-loving husband. You should really check out her blog – her recipes make me drool! I like Southern cooking more than any other type of cooking so her recipes really speak to me – she is a fabulous southern cook!
This egg breakfast cobbler will be made over and over again and it was SO easy to put together and makes for a delicious weekend breakfast with the family. I only wish I had tried it sooner! Oh, and I served it with these delicious Blueberry Banana Almond Smoothies.
You should also try my Scrambled Egg Breakfast muffins if you are loving this recipe! The muffins have a lot of the same flavors but are baked right in a muffin tin. I also have a super easy recipe for a Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Scramble. These Western Omelet Breakfast Enchiladas from my friend Lyuba look amazing, also! I love great breakfast food.
If you are looking for another great breakfast or brunch recipe, try these Mini Sausage, Spinach and Jarlsberg Cheese Frittatas.
- 1 lb spicy sausage, cooked & crumbled
- 8 frozen buttermilk biscuits, thawed (or use homemade)
- 2 cups egg whites plus 4 large eggs or 12 large eggs
- ⅓ cup half & half
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 8 x 12 or 9 x 13 inch baking dish with butter cooking spray.
- Cook and crumble the sausage. Drain well; set aside to cool slightly.
- Quarter the biscuits.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, half & half and seasonings. Add the chopped chives.
- Arrange the biscuit quarters in the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese.
- Layer the cooked sausage on top.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over all.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese and dot with the 2 tbsp of butter.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until puffy and golden. Test the center with a toothpick checking for moist crumbs before removing from the oven.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into and serve warm!