Start your day with this flavorful Banana-Mango Smoothie recipe perfect for a healthy breakfast or a low calorie mid-day snack!
I just realized I forgot to wish all of you ladies a happy Mother’s day this past weekend. So…..happy belated Mother’s day to all you mothers reading this here blog! I hope that you were showered with love and gifts. I also hope someone makes you this delicious banana-mango smoothie to help you celebrate!
We had a nice streak of Summer weather going last week which got me in a smoothie kind of mood. I am always in a smoothie kind of mood. Who am I kidding? This week is back to being chilly and we even have a frost warning for overnight! Not good for our newly planted grass that is trying it’s hardest to grow in our front yard. I’m SO ready to pack up my winter clothes but sadly can not do that yet. I can’t wait to be in California later this week. Sun-shining San Diego, here we come!
I saved this smoothie recipe out of a Cooking Light magazine a couple of years ago. I happened to have a supply of bananas and a mango in my kitchen at the same time this past weekend so I threw them in a blender to whip up this delicious smoothie. Definitely give it a try!
- 1 cup cubed peeled ripe mango
- ¾ cup sliced ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- ⅔ cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Arrange the mango cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet; freeze until firm (about 1 hour).
- Place frozen mango and the remaining ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!