Slow Cooker Cheesy Meatball Soup
Slow Cooker Cheesy Meatball Soup an easy weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will love. It is a soup recipe that is delicious on a cold winter day!
As a proud Italian, I love putting cheese on everything. You name it and I’ve been known to put cheese on it (hello, 20 Minute Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup). Meatballs with a creamy cheesy sauce on them is seriously so perfect. This slow cooker cheesy meatball soup was very well received with the whole family.
You see, cheese and meatballs are a match made in heaven (like this Beef Nacho Soup I posted). I’ve made this quite a few times and loved it! I was hesitant at first with the cheese, but it’s yummy! This cheesy meatball soup also makes a great appetizer.
How are you all surviving the winter? We went yet another winter without escaping at all, but we’re lucky to have had a mild winter. Somehow we landed the title of snowiest city in the country, but it has been so spread out that it really hasn’t seemed bad at all. Do you get a low of snow where you live?
Now, back to the deliciousness I’m sharing with you today. I made this cheesy meatball soup previously as a party appetizer recipe but it would also be great for a tailgate party. Everyone loved this soup because it was something different made in the crock pot other than the traditional BBQ meatballs. Don’t get me wrong… I love my Grape Jelly BBQ Cocktail Meatballs!
This cheesy meatball soup is also an easy holiday party appetizer that you can just leave in the slow cooker throughout the party for your guests to enjoy and it will stay nice and warm. The cheese stays so melted and it’s perfection!
I serve this cheesy meatball soup with a nice crusty loaf of French bread or Louisiana Garlic Bread. It is a delicious, easy recipe that we can make on busy weeknights and we love that it’s a make-ahead meal. Let the crock pot do all the work!
This cheesy meatball soup also reheats well, so it’s a perfect meal prep recipe to make ahead of a busy work week, so you can have a hearty meal you can eat again and again at work or on-the-go!
Make it soon and it will warm you right up. I promise you this.
- 1 one pound Package Meatballs
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Onion, diced small
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- 1 Cup Carrots sliced
- 1 Cup Celery Diced
- 2 Cup Beef Broth
- 2½ Cups heavy cream OR half 'n half
- 2 Cups Potatoes Peeled and cubed (any kind)
- ¼ Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Cups yellow Sharp Cheese, shredded
- 2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet add the butter until melted.
- Add the onions, cooking until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add the garlic, celery, and carrots and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and brown on each side (even though they are already cooked, it gives them extra flavor).
- Pour everything into a crock pot/slow cooker except the cornstarch and cheese.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheeses and cornstarch, tossing to coat.
- Stir the cheese and cornstarch into the pot to thicken it and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from ohsweetbasil.com