Slow Cooker Grape Jelly BBQ Cocktail Meatballs
Crock Pot Grape Jelly BBQ Cocktail Meatballs are an awesome recipe for holiday entertaining, Super Bowl party, or pot luck made right in the slow cooker. They are so simple to make and extremely crowd-pleasing!
Once Christmas is over, New Year’s Eve comes creeping up on me. Do you need a killer appetizer idea? I made these Grape Jelly BBQ Cocktail Meatballs for a pot luck for my husband’s Christmas party at work.
Normally, I made a dessert for him to take but he told me he needed something “non-dessert” since so many people had signed up for the sweets already. I did what I know I do best- Italian meatballs!
Even though the yummy sauce that goes with the meatballs is not Italian and is more sweet, it still totally worked with this recipe. I heated them up the night before in my crock pot and sent him to work with it where he could just plug it in and let it go.
“Set it and forget it”, like my dad always used to say. I was getting texts from hubby during the day saying people loved these meatballs. I love it when something so easy gets rave reviews.
Can’t go wrong with these Slow Cooker Grape Jelly BBQ Cocktail Meatballs and the sauce is so simple. You will also love my Crock Pot Italian Meatballs. They have a red Italian tomato sauce and are delicious!
I also am totally love these Crock Pot Honey Garlic Meatballs from my friend Erin. I did end up making my own meatballs in both of my crock pot meatball recipes which gave it an extra boost in flavor. Homemade meatballs are really the best as you’ll see in my famous Swedish Meatballs.
They really don’t take much time to make, but since most cocktail meatball recipes begin with frozen meatballs, I froze my fresh ones first so that they didn’t get soggy in the slow cooker. Enjoy and Happy New Year!
- 1 64oz bag frozen fully cooked beef meatballs (about 60) OR fully cooked homemade meatballs (using 2 pounds of ground beef, rolled small, freeze them before adding to crock pot)* ~cut recipe in half for a smaller group~
- 1 32 oz jar grape jelly
- 1 18-20oz jar of BBQ sauce
- Pour sauces in your 6 quart crock pot and stir until completely combined.
- Add the frozen meatballs (homemade or store-bought) and stir until they are coated with the sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 hours and then turn to warm for the duration of the party/pot luck.
- You can serve these as an appetizer or serve over rice with a side of veggies for a main dish.