Easy Beef Nacho Soup
Your favorite nacho flavors and toppings turned into an easy soup recipe loaded with beef and cheese. This Easy Beef Nacho Soup is great for a quick lunch or dinner and the whole family will love it!
I’m pretty big on soup, guys. Mr. Wishes despises soup for dinner but once in a while I decide to let my love for soup trump his hatred because I can be selfish like that. OK, more than once in a while.
He likes to proclaim, “I don’t want to eat my dinner with a spoon”, but he always ends up liking the soup when all is said and done. He can never say “no” to any meal with Mexican flavors! I saved face by making him guacamole to have on the side. Also, I was very generous with the crushed up tortilla strips on top of this beef nacho soup.
I first saw this recipe on the Betty Crocker website and I immediately felt like I needed it. I mean, it looked too easy not to try. What I love most about this soup is the super simple ingredients.
The simple ingredients list is what keeps me coming back for more in my super popular 20 Minute Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup. Sometimes it’s amazing to me how flavorful a meal can be coming from a small list of ingredients.
I’ve made a tortilla soup before with chicken (this Chicken Tortilla Soup), but I liked that this soup had beef. With this pregnancy I’ve been a bit adverse to chicken unless it’s small pieces cut up in something. I’m actually the same way with beef these past six months. I don’t enjoy steaks anymore, but I can do ground beef. Pregnancy is so weird!
If you try this soup, I guarantee the whole family will go crazy for it, even your kids. It was an instant favorite for us. I can appreciate a good cheesy soup recipe that doesn’t require a ton of Velveeta cheese.
There’s a time and a place for Velveeta, but I love me some real cheese! You might also love this Chicken Fajita Soup from All Day I Dream About Food Blog or this Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup from Today’s Creative Life blog.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (10¾ oz) condensed nacho cheese soup (Campbell's makes this)
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chiles (Rotel), undrained
- 1 can whole kernal corn, drained
- 1 and ½ cups milk
- ¾ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Crushed corn tortilla chips, extra cheese, avocado, sour cream, whatever you like for topping
- In a medium saucepan, cook ground beef over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain any excess grease.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in remaining ingredients with the exception of the shredded cheese and toppings.
- Cook 10-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently to prevent it from burning on the bottom. Stir in shredded cheese.
- Fill bowls and top with extra shredded cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, or any extra toppings you choose. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from bettycrocker.com