Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Creamy, comforting chicken and dumplings recipe made in the crock pot that couldn’t be easier to make. Just throw everything in your slow cooker and dinner is ready!
Is there any meal more comforting than Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings? I love Chicken and Dumplings. Love it. This is a really, ridiculously easy recipe for those comfort food craving days where you can just throw everything in the crock pot and let the crock pot (or slow cooker, whatever you may call it) do all of the work for you!
The hardest part is shredding the chicken with two forks once it’s cooked – not too bad! The chicken will pretty much be falling apart once it’s cooked, anyways, so it makes for an easy task.
I really hope you try this Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings soon. It’s a meal I make often in our home since it’s so easy and just really warms you to your core. I’m making this a short-but-sweet post because it’s 1:30 in the morning where I live, so bottom line is – TRY this recipe! It’s perfect on these cold winter days (which show no sign of relenting any time soon here in upstate NY.)
If you’re looking for more comforting fall/winter meals, you will love this Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup. I love that soup because it’s really a “dump and go” meal that you can just keep warm throughout the day or night when your family has busy schedules.
Also, one of my favorite crock pot chicken dinners is this Crock Pot Fiesta Chicken & Rice. It has been very popular on my blog for years! I also have my eye on this Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan from my friend Sandra’s blog. Enjoy!
- 4 Chicken Breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Celery Soup
- 3½ Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup white or yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Cup Celery, diced
- 1 Cup Carrots, diced
- 2 Chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 10 oz. can of refrigerated biscuits*
- Add everything into the crock pot/slow cooker with the exception of the biscuits.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours. (If your crock pot cooks hot, check it at 5 hours or have it automatically turn to warm if you know your crock pot cooks food more quickly than normal). About an hour (give or take) before serving, remove chicken and pull into pieces with two forks (large chunks are fine) and return to the soup mixture.
- Tear raw biscuits in half or quarters (depending on size) and add on top of the soup mixture for 45 minutes before serving and put the lid back ON so the biscuits will cook through and steam.
- After 45 minutes they should have fluffed and expanded from the heat. Make sure they are not doughy in the center when ready to serve and serve hot!