Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
This ulta-flavorful crock pot chicken taco soup is quick and easy to prepare, has great flavor, and is well worth the wait. It’s great on a cold night – especially as a post Trick-or-Treating meal!
Happy Halloween!!! What are your plans for tonight? Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup? I’m doing my usual of staying home and handing out candy to the cute little trick-or-treaters.
It’s so fun seeing all the creative costumes! Mr. Wishes will be helping out at his family’s business as he does every Halloween. His parents own a pizzeria and this is their second busiest night of the year besides Super Bowl Sunday!
Before meeting him I never realized this and how popular pizza ordering is on Halloween. It makes sense, though, with parents not wanting to take the time to cook and clean up a whole dinner and are in a rush to get their kids out candy-collecting. OK, now onto the soup of the day! This Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup is the best.
Well, if you’re NOT doing the pizza “thang”, I wanted to provide you with a soup alternative that is hardly any more work than picking up the phone and ordering a pizza. You just throw it all in the crock pot and let it cook away and this taco soup can be ready for you before or after trick-or-treating.
If you happen to live somewhere that is super cold this time of year, like I’m lucky enough to, this Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup will be a good warm-you-up meal to come home to! You should also try my Slow Cooker Creamy Taco Pasta if you’re looking for another hearty crock pot meal.
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 (10 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- Stir onion, beans, corn, tomato sauce, dice tomatoes, and taco sauce into a slow cooker. *I saute the onion in a skillet beforehand to make sure that they are not crunchy.
- Lay the chicken breast on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly so that it gets covered by other ingredients.
- Set slow cooker to low heat, cover, and cook for 3-4 hours on low if your chicken is thawed. May take 4-5 hours on low if your chicken is frozen.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup and shred.
- Stir shredded chicken back into the soup. You are technically supposed to cook it on low for another 2 hours in the crock pot but you really don't have to. I never do. It's very forgiving. You can leave it in longer if you want too.
- Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and/or crushed tortilla chips.