Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce
Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce Thai recipe has a delicious, rich sauce that is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. It is quick and easy which makes it suitable for a weeknight meal!
How is your 2017 going so far? Does anyone else still feel like December just never even happened? I don’t even know where that month went, but here we are in a new year (and my birthday month!) I always make it my goal in a new year to try to branch out of my normal routine and try new dinner and desserts. My tried and true recipes are great and I tend to fall back on them a LOT. Having a food blog, I need to constantly be pumping out the new content, so I can’t always rely on the same old recipes that I love. Trust me, Mr. Wishes would be more than happy eating his three all-time favorite meals every single week if given the choice (Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas, Homemade Hamburger Helper, and Chicken Bellagio)!
I’m so glad you’re here! Follow along on Pinterest for more inspiration!
I have a special love for Thai food and, if you feel the same way, you will love this Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce. A slightly sweet sauce with a savory dish is really the bees knees when it comes to cooking. The entire meal is rich, warm, slightly spicy (but in a good way), hearty and light! This is really a four seasons meal because the mango and coconut are perfect for spring and summer, but the creamy sauce makes it great warming comfort food for winter and fall. If I’m making no sense at all, feel free to just stop listening to me.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (or use 2 red bell peppers)
- 1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients for the Coconut Mango Verde Sauce to your blender or food processor and blend/process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once very hot, add sliced chicken and cook just until chicken is no longer pink; add bell peppers and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the Coconut Mango Verde Sauce and cook just until sauce is hot and thickens a bit and make sure chicken is completely cooked.
- Add hot sauce (such as Sriracha), to taste, and fresh cilantro. Serve hot over rice.
Recipe source: adapted from carlsbadcravings.com