Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Cinnamon Roll Cookies are thick, soft, buttery cookies, swirled with cinnamon sugar and the perfect Christmas cookie! All the flavors of a cinnamon roll in an amazing cookie recipe!
Hello, Christmas friends! I have real treat today for you. I have been obsessing about the idea for these Cinnamon Roll Cookies for quite a while. After some serious trial and error, I finally have the perfect recipe to share with you.
I love any dessert that has the words “cinnamon” and “roll” in it. They’re also a very easy thing to disappoint. You know the feeling, I’m sure, when you walk into a bakery and see the most amazing looking cinnamon roll smothered in icing. You take a bite and it’s dry and stale and you want to cry. Just me?
I know that I have a zillion….literally so many cinnamon sweet treats here on my blog. These cookies stand out above all the rest. Yes, these cookies just might be the best creation and Christmas cookie in a while. I know I say that a lot and sound like a broken record sometimes, but these are seriously truly epic cookies. You guys are going to adore them to no end.
What I love about these cinnamon roll cookies is that they’re not super high maintenance. If you are looking for a recipe that looks like it took a lot of time to make, but did not, this one is for you. The result is thick, super duper soft cookies with a slightly crisp edge, and melty, buttery centers, with just the right amount of cinnamon sugar in every bite. The sour cream in the recipe keeps these cookies nice and soft. If that sounds good to you, just go for it.
Run to the kitchen and make these cinnamon roll cookies right now. That cinnamon brown sugar goodness you love and crave around the holidays in homemade cinnamon rolls is right here in your cookies, my friends. They are worth every single calorie. Let me be cliche for a moment and remind you that Christmas calories DO NOT count.
These cinnamon roll cookies store very well and can also make great edible Christmas gifts. Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.
If you are particularly fond of all things cinnamon rolls, don’t forget to take a look at my other Cinnamon Roll Recipes right NOW:
Crock Pot Cinnamon Bun French Toast
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup salted butter softened
- ½ cup sour cream at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest grated
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- In a small bowl combine the granulated sugar with the ground cinnamon and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and active dry yeast. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl beat the butter with the granulated sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Stir in the eggs, vanilla extract, orange zest, and sour cream.
- Fold in the dry into the wet ingredients and form a cookie dough.
- Divide the dough in half and roll into a rectangle ¼ of an inch thick.
- Spread half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture and roll into a roulade. Cut out the cookies and arrange them on a baking sheet, lined with a piece of parchment paper. Repeat the same thing with another half of the cookie dough.
- Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes in your preheated oven at 350 F or 180 C degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.