Cheddar Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
Cheddar Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes makes a great Thanksgiving side dish. If you’re looking for a potluck side dish idea for the holidays full of cheese and deliciousness, this is it!
If you haven’t made cheesy scalloped potatoes before, WHAT are you waiting for? Cheddar Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes just SOUNDS like something I want to eat on a Wednesday…or any day. Say hello to my most made side dish for the holidays!
November is one of my favorite months because it means Christmas is right around the corner. Most years I mentally bypass Thanksgiving and am all about the Christmas food, but Thanksgiving deserves some love too, right? Cheddar Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes are THE Thanksgiving or Christmas side dish of all side dishes.
The ease of making these potatoes and the flavors are what get everyone. I love my Italian Garlic Oven Roasted Potatoes and my Slow Cooker Buttery Garlic Mashed Potatoes, but wanted something cheesy. Loaded with two different types of cheese, they are a real winner at any meal. True melt-in-your-mouth goodness. The buttered breadcrumbs give it just the right about of crunch on top.
The insane person in me considered adding a bit of Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork to my own personal bowl, but what psychotic brain would do a thing like that? You know what? Next time I might just do that and make this a meal entirely on it’s own. (Update: I made these again and did it – SO GOOD!)
I used Cabot seriously sharp yellow Cheddar cheese in these Cheddar Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes. You all know my deep love for Cabot cheese in that it’s my #1 go-to cheese for any recipe or just snacking on. It really is the best cheese ever, I cannot lie! When I had my wisdom teeth out last month, I ate this basically all day long because it’s soft and delish.
If you have never tasted Cabot products, you are missing out big time. I used their Cheddar in this Cheddar Hard Cider Fondue recently and I felt like I died and went to heaven. Cabot is a co-operative owned by farm families throughout New England & New York and 100% of profits go back to the farmers. Don’t you just love that? This year, Cabot is celebrating their 100th year as a co-operative.
All of their Cheddars are 100% Naturally Lactose-Free, naturally aged and naturally Gluten-Free. Cabot is the only cheese my daughter will eat plain! I should say it’s the only thing that doesn’t get throw onto the floor when she decides she is done.
I encourage you to try this easy side dish for the holidays and don’t skip out on using Cabot. It makes a difference! These Cheddar Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes are cheesy and incredible and will warm you to the core.
And just like that, Wednesday is automatically looking better.
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk OR half 'n half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and ½ cup freshly shredded Cabot yellow cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups potatoes - peeled, sliced, cooked (about 5 medium)
- ½ cup buttered bread crumbs
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat being careful not to burn.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk OR half 'n half.
- Bring this to a boil; cook and stirring for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Add the salt, Cabot cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese; stir until cheese is incorporated and melted.
- Add cooked/peeled/sliced potatoes; stir gently to mix all together.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Thank you to Cabot Cheese for sponsoring this conversation. All opinions remain 100% my own, as always. Thank you for allowing me to share the brands and products I use regularly and love.