Italian Garlic Oven Roasted Potatoes
Italian Garlic Oven Roasted Potatoes are an easy go-to side dish for the holidays or any family meal and are the only roasted potato recipe you’ll ever need to know!
Guys…these Garlic Oven Roasted Potatoes. If you asked me at age 6 what my favorite side dish was that my mom made I would have loudly proclaimed, “Roasted potatoes!”
Let me just say that it pains me a little to be able to remember things from over 25 years ago and it stings a little more that it’s even a possibility that I was actually alive that many years ago…but, moving on….
Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner and it’s time to start planning those side dishes. My mom used to make potatoes just like these Italian Garlic Oven Roasted Potatoes and I used to inhale them like it was my job.
If you knew how picky of an eater I was as a kid (as in I only at Mac and Cheese and Spaghettios) you would know that this is monumental. I liked them extra, extra crispy – potato perfection. I don’t know why I never think to roast potatoes and normally just follow this recipe and mash them. This needed to change!
I’m so glad you’re here! Follow along on Pinterest for more inspiration!
These Italian Garlic Oven Roasted Potatoes are so easy and delicious – just pop them in the oven to roast and you’re good to go. Adults and children alike will love these potatoes as a side dish for any meal. The best part for me? No peeling!
Call me lazy, but I hate sitting there for 15 minutes peeling potatoes. I like any excuse to leave the skins on (besides the health benefits, of course). Skipping out on the peeling is especially handy during the holidays when you’re trying to get 39590201 things done all at the same time. I love a good time saver!
You can easily double or triple this depending on how many mouths you’re feeding. Oh, you can also scale it down for a small family. Enjoy!
- 3 pounds small red or white potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters (depending on size) and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Toss with a spoon - or use your hands - until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan/baking sheet and spread out into 1 layer. Make sure they aren't piled on top of each other.
- Roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until browned and crisp to your liking (check at 40 or a little before just to be sure - smaller size potatoes will cook faster).
- Flip twice with a large spatula during cooking so potatoes evenly brown.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.
Recipe source: adapted from foodnetwork.com
Yum – we love roasted potatoes! On a cold day like today, these would be perfect!
How can I love potatoes more than I already do??? Why – by having them in this dish!
I love my oven roasted potatoes extra crispy, too! These look absolutely perfect. 3/4 of my kids think anything other than a french fried potato is an abomination, but they all inhale crispy oven roasted potatoes. If I didn’t know better, I’d wonder if they were mine. Potatoes in any form are the best side dish around!
We love roasted potatoes and these would disappear quick!
My kids go crazy for roasted potatoes. They go with so many things and yours look great!
This is such a perfect side dish for so many occasions!
mmmmm these potatoes look like perfection!!!
I couldn’t live without potatoes and roasted is one of my favorite ways to eat them!