Slow Cooker Buttery Garlic Mashed Potatoes
A hands-off recipe for herb Slow Cooker Buttery Garlic Mashed Potatoes making for an easy, stress-free side dish for Thanksgiving and all of the holidays.
- Flexible programming options
- Single clip quickly seals lid onto base to reduce messy spills (such as my hot apple cider mess)
- Bring 6 quarts of hot food to tailgates or parties anytime
- Hinged lid stays up then easily detaches for dishwasher cleanup
- Perfect size for 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast
- Dishwasher safe lid & stoneware
- Choose from high, low & warm temperature settings
- Automatically switches to warm after cooking time is complete (love this)
- Select 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 hours of cooking time
Thanks to the generous people over at Hamilton Beach, one lucky Wishes and Dishes reader is going to receive their own Stay or Go Slow Cooker just in time for the holidays and slow-cooking season! Make these lovely Slow Cooker Buttery Garlic Mashed Potatoes and also scroll on down for your chance to win and to see how easy it is to enter via the form. If you aren’t the lucky winner, this slow cooker is available on their website or at Walmart!
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and chopped into chunks (leave the peels on)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley (can use 2 teaspoons of dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup whole milk or half and half (add a little more to your taste)
- Add the chopped potatoes to a well-greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low or 5-6 hours on low. My slow cooker cooks FAST so keep an eye on them if yours does the same.
- When potatoes are cooked (meaning they are fork-tender), add all of the remaining ingredients. Make sure the butter melts nice and evenly.
- Use a hand mixer or a potato masher to mash the potatoes (the masher will result in more "lumpy" potatoes, so it's all a matter of preference). Serve immediately or turn slow cooker to "warm" setting until ready to eat.
Deadline: Friday, October 30th at 11:59 p.m. (EST). I’ll announce the winner on Saturday 10/31. Good luck, everyone!
Winner: Must be a U.S. resident to enter. The winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and announced in this post. I will email the winner and if he/she does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
Disclaimer: Hamilton Beach provided me with this slow cooker to facilitate this post and is providing the giveaway product. The words and opinions expressed in this review are strictly 100% my own, as always.
Recipe source: adapted from lecremedelacrumb.com
Oh Wow – Ashley – this recipe is the bombdiggity! Mashed potatoes in a slow cooker is simply brilliant – I am in awe of the time saved and the sanity saved!
I totally need a new slow cooker. I have the cheapo one that isn’t programmable and has only 3 settings: warm, low and high. 🙂
Wow! i need one of these in my life. I think even my grandmother has a slow cooker! Awesome recipe!
I love that this slow cooker has that cover lock…such a genius idea! And I’ve got to try this recipe for the holidays – we’re always running out of stovetop space with so much food to prepare!
Nothing speaks comfort quite like a mound of fluffy garlic mashed potatoes – love this slow cooker version!
A mound of fluffy mashed potatoes is much needed after a day like today.
I keep hearing that the slow cooker is the way to go for mashed potatoes. I need to try it! I love leaving the skins on, too.
I love garlic mashed potatoes. Just made some for Thanksgiving, so yummy. (no time warp, our Canuck one is way before yours, lol) I’m going to try them in my slow cooker next time. This just looks amazing
Definitely trying this sometime this week!!
Mashed potatoes in the slow cooker! This could be revolutionary for Thanksgiving.
Never thought of cooking potatoes in the slow cooker. This is genius! And takes a lot of the timing worries out of making mashed potatoes. Terrific stuff — thanks.
Mashed potatoes are definitely a staple at Thanksgiving at our house! I love the idea of using the slow cooker to make them!!
Garlic mashed potatoes are the best! I can’t wait to make these. I bet these potatoes that are made in the slow cooker are fantastic!
I WILL try this for our Thanksgiving!
Can’t go wrong with mashed potatoes! If I won I would make a batch of overnight oatmeal for the family.
I would love to make beef stew for my son. He loves it and it is perfect for this weather.
What a winning recipe! Can’t wait to bust it out for Thanksgiving or even sooner lol. Thank you for sharing.
mmmm mashed potatoes are my fave and I love how easy and delish these look!
Pingback: French Onion Rice Bake | Wishes and Dishes