Slow Cooker Buttery Garlic Mashed Potatoes
A hands-off recipe for herb Slow Cooker Buttery Garlic Mashed Potatoes making for an easy, stress-free side dish for Thanksgiving and all of the holidays.
“meat and potatoes” kind of family, so they are an absolute requirement on the Thanksgiving and Christmas table. Mashed potatoes are a hearty side dish for any meal throughout the fall and winter.
- Flexible programming options
- Single clip quickly seals lid onto base to reduce messy spills (such as my hot apple cider mess)
- Bring 6 quarts of hot food to tailgates or parties anytime
- Hinged lid stays up then easily detaches for dishwasher cleanup
- Perfect size for 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast
- Dishwasher safe lid & stoneware
- Choose from high, low & warm temperature settings
- Automatically switches to warm after cooking time is complete (love this)
- Select 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 hours of cooking time
Thanks to the generous people over at Hamilton Beach, one lucky Wishes and Dishes reader is going to receive their own Stay or Go Slow Cooker just in time for the holidays and slow-cooking season! Make these lovely Slow Cooker Buttery Garlic Mashed Potatoes and also scroll on down for your chance to win and to see how easy it is to enter via the form. If you aren’t the lucky winner, this slow cooker is available on their website or at Walmart!
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and chopped into chunks (leave the peels on)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley (can use 2 teaspoons of dried)
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup whole milk or half and half (add a little more to your taste)
- Add the chopped potatoes to a well-greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low or 5-6 hours on low. My slow cooker cooks FAST so keep an eye on them if yours does the same.
- When potatoes are cooked (meaning they are fork-tender), add all of the remaining ingredients. Make sure the butter melts nice and evenly.
- Use a hand mixer or a potato masher to mash the potatoes (the masher will result in more "lumpy" potatoes, so it's all a matter of preference). Serve immediately or turn slow cooker to "warm" setting until ready to eat.
Deadline: Friday, October 30th at 11:59 p.m. (EST). I’ll announce the winner on Saturday 10/31. Good luck, everyone!
Winner: Must be a U.S. resident to enter. The winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and announced in this post. I will email the winner and if he/she does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
Disclaimer: Hamilton Beach provided me with this slow cooker to facilitate this post and is providing the giveaway product. The words and opinions expressed in this review are strictly 100% my own, as always.
Recipe source: adapted from lecremedelacrumb.com