Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake
This decadent Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake is a treat you don’t want to miss! A Caramel Macchiato drink turned into the best cheesecake recipe ever.
It’s National Cheesecake Day…. AKA the best day ever! Being a self-proclaimed food junkie, of course I have to celebrate and I joined up with 65 other food bloggers to all post a different cheesecake recipe on our sites today. How cool is that?!
I am ashamed to say that this is only the SECOND cheesecake I have ever made in my entire life. I always just found them daunting (I find most cakes daunting for some reason). It could be because the last cheesecake I made was about 3 years ago and the water from the water bath leaked into the cheesecake and made the crust all kinds of soggy. This one, however, came out perfect. I was shocked – nothing ever comes out perfectly for me the first time I make it! Especially not cakes of any kind. This cheesecake was so creamy, velvety and dense, just like a cheesecake is supposed to be. The coffee taste was very subtle and not overpowering.
One of my favorite drinks from Starbucks is the caramel macchiato. I was pretty much obsessed with them when I lived down in Miami and walked by a Starbucks every single day and found myself wandering in there far too often. So, naturally, I had to try making a caramel macchiato cheesecake! My waistline was saying “noooooooooo” while my mouth was saying “yessssssssss”.
Since this cheesecake is probably about 5,625,721 total calories, I made sure to have a cheesecake party on our patio and invited a bunch of friends over to get fat along with me. It pretty much disappeared immediately. Let me tell you, this cheesecake got SO many compliments! The most probably came out of my own mouth (I’m so vain!) but everyone truly loved it and couldn’t stop eating it. It just truly was the best cheesecake I can ever remember eating. Ever! Get. In. My. Belly.
Two tips for cheesecake making:
1. Make sure ALL of your ingredients are room temperature. Leave them on the counter for at least an hour before making your cheesecake – this ensures everything will blend together without lumps.
2. Bake it in a water bath. This is simple to do! I talk about this in the instructions below, but you need to be sure to wrap your pan in foil so no water gets in, and you need a large roasting pan or a taller baking sheet to place the cheesecake in. This helps the cheesecake cook evenly, stay moist, and there will be less chance of cracks.
Since when it comes to cheesecake the flavor combinations are endless, be sure to check out all of the other creative cheesecakes from my blogging friends – the links are below!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs*
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream, room temperature
- ¼ cup brewed espresso or strong/bold coffee, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- caramel ice cream topping
- whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons of sugar until well combined.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared springform pan, and 1 inch up the sides.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, then remove to cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup of sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream, espresso and vanilla.
- Pour batter into the baked and cooled crust.
- Place a kettle of water on to boil for the water bath.
- Wrap the bottom of springform pan in two layers of heavy duty aluminum foil. You will be baking your cheesecake in the water bath and you want to make sure no water gets into the pan from the seam at the bottom.
- Place the cheesecake in a large roasting pan. Place pan in the center of your preheated oven. Pour the boiling water carefully in one corner of the pan, until it reaches about a third to halfway up the cheesecake.
- Bake cheesecake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes; then turn the oven off, partially open the door and allow the cheesecake to rest for 15 minutes more (moving a just baked cheesecake can cause cracking).
- Remove from the oven, and run a knife around the edges. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack to room temperature, then cover the springform pan with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Pour caramel sauce over the top (however you want to - I did lines across going in both directions).
- To serve, cut the cheesecake into wedges and serve. You can add more caramel sauce or whipped cream to individual pieces, if desired.
Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
Caramel cheesecake martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
Recipe source: adapted from allrecipes.com