Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
Cheesy Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is the perfect game day dip recipe that has all of your favorite flavors of a bacon double cheeseburger turned into an addicting appetizer!
Guys….this Bacon Cheeseburger Dip.
Are you all ready for those awesome Super Bowl parties? I am not really into football that much at all, but I think the best kind of parties are ones that are mostly made up of dips. Hot, cheesy dips are my #1 favorite kind of food and this Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is my new fave.
I love the old classics: Spinach Artichoke dip, Seven Layer dip, and Jalapeno Popper Dip, but this one is a different level of awesome. Cheese…bacon…beef….more cheese….need I even say more?
This dip is so good that I actually needed to hide the leftover dip from myself way in the back of the ‘fridge so that I would forget about it and not eat the whole darn batch. Update: it didn’t work.
If you’re looking for a killer appetizer for the big game, this is the only recipe you need.
- • ½ pound ground beef
- • 6 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- • 1 small onion, diced
- • 1 clove garlic, chopped
- • 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- • ½ cup sour cream
- • ¼ cup mayonnaise
- • ¾ cup mozzarella, shredded
- • ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- • 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Cook the ground beef in a skilletover medium heat, set it aside and drain the grease from the pan.
- • Cook the same bacon in the pan until crispy, about 6-10 minutes, set aside and drain but reserve a tablespoon of the grease.
- • Add the onion to the pan with the bacon grease and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- • Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute, being careful not to let it burn.
- • Mix the ground beef, bacon, onions and garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese, ½ cup of the cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and ketchup together in a large bowl and pour it into a baking dish (I used a pie dish).
- • Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top starts turning a light golden brown and bubbling, about 20-25 minutes. A few minutes before it is done, add ¼ cup of cheddar cheese and ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese to the top and stick it back in the oven just until cheese is melted (be careful not to let it burn). Serve warm with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from closetcooking.com
Haha! I love how you hid this dip at the back of the fridge! We don´t really do Superbowl here in Spain but I wouldn´t mind snacking on this dip during a movie 🙂 🙂
Haha I wrote this late at night and totally forgot I even told everyone that 😉
I’m making this today for super bowl, it looks delicious!! Has anyone made this yet and have any tips or substitutes they use?? Will let y’all know how it turns out. Thank u for ur recipes I really enjoy making them❤💜❤
I need to host a Super Bowl party just so I can make this dip! It looks incredible! (I’m not into the Mexican dips so this is totally up my alley)
OMG! This looks so amazing. Too bad I am vegan 🙁 Do vegan’s have cheat days?
Make it happen El Jeffe 🙂
This is totally what I will bring to the Superbowl party we usually go to!! I never know what to bring and make the same thing (usually, a dessert!!), but this is what I will be make. And that would happen to me! I would hide it and end up giving in and snacking till it’s gone hahaha.
Oh my gosh, Thomas would eat all of this and not share! I’ll have to make double! This would be the start at any game day party!
I think the best part about the super bowl is the food! This dip sounds awesome!!
I am with you, the best part about Superbowl parties are the DIPS! I bet this one is a huge crowd pleaser!
This sounds sinful and perfect for football season. I’m quite certain this would be gone almost as quickly as I set it on the table.
OMG – this looks amazing. AMAZING! I might not be able to wait for the big game to make this – I think it needs a test run during the playoffs. 🙂
I just printed your recipe. I think I’ll make it this year for our small super bowl party. You can never go wrong with dips that are loaded with tons of cheese!
Haha – I couldn’t help chuckling at you hiding this from yourself – but I see why!
Yeah seriously, no amount of hiding would ever make me forget about this – it looks ridiculous! I love football AND dip, so I think combining the two is only logical. 😉
yum! it looks delicious!
Oh that dip looks absolutely delicious – would be perfect for game day festivities!
This dip looks like the perfect game day food. I would start dipping and not stop till the whole pan was done…
One of my favorite burgers in dip form? Oh heck yeah.
I could eat this all day long. This is perfection, in dip form. I’d eat it right out of the bowl with a spoon.
Looks absolutely delicious and perfect for sitting in front of the TV watching the game.
Have you made the mix ahead and baked when ready? Just wondering of it breeaks down….thanks
Yes I have done it ahead of time and it came out fine!
Did anyone actually freaking make this?!?!?! I was looking for feedback from people that actually made this.
Wow calm down. Maybe nobody commented on here but I’ve had plenty of feedback on social media where people made it and loved it. Happy new year!
I don’t know what we did..but it did not turn out like the picture at all…there is more oil than dip..tastes great but I may die tomorrow..
Anybody ever made this with lettuce cups or some other veggie as the chip???? It looks awesome and maybe this question misses the whole point of this awesome dip but hey, I can try right???
Well this is fun! Definitely cheesy. I don’t think I’d even include the bacon!
When you say this is addicting, you’re not kidding. This looks like the kind of dip that I could eat an entire batch of all on my own.
Wow Ashley, this dip looks totally addicting and I cannot wait to try it. It is so nice to have found something that I think everyone will love. I am sure I will be seen sitting in front of the T.V. with this dip.
This dip is a go to I make it a lot for events
Can this be made in a slow cooker?
Yes, I don’t see why not!