Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
Cheesy Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is the perfect game day dip recipe that has all of your favorite flavors of a bacon double cheeseburger turned into an addicting appetizer!
Are you all ready for those Super Bowl parties? I’m not really into football that much at all, but I think the best kind of parties are ones that are mostly made up of dips. Hot, cheesy dips are my #1 favorite kind of food and this Bacon Cheeseburger Dip is my new fave.
This dip is so good that I actually needed to hide the leftover dip from myself way in the back of the ‘fridge so that I would forget about it and not eat the whole darn batch. Update: it didn’t work.
If you’re looking for a killer appetizer for the big game, this is the only recipe you need.
- • ½ pound ground beef
- • 6 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- • 1 small onion, diced
- • 1 clove garlic, chopped
- • 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- • ½ cup sour cream
- • ¼ cup mayonnaise
- • ¾ cup mozzarella, shredded
- • ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- • 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Cook the ground beef in a skilletover medium heat, set it aside and drain the grease from the pan.
- • Cook the same bacon in the pan until crispy, about 6-10 minutes, set aside and drain but reserve a tablespoon of the grease.
- • Add the onion to the pan with the bacon grease and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- • Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute, being careful not to let it burn.
- • Mix the ground beef, bacon, onions and garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese, ½ cup of the cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and ketchup together in a large bowl and pour it into a baking dish (I used a pie dish).
- • Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top starts turning a light golden brown and bubbling, about 20-25 minutes. A few minutes before it is done, add ¼ cup of cheddar cheese and ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese to the top and stick it back in the oven just until cheese is melted (be careful not to let it burn). Serve warm with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from closetcooking.com