Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites
Loads of rich chocolate and mini Reese’s peanut butter cups make these peanut butter cup brownie bites recipe a chocolate lover’s dream!
Happy Valentine’s Day weekend! For me, it’s just another excuse to bake up some goodies in the kitchen… and that I did. Who doesn’t love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter? I’m on a roll lately with this heavenly combination. Did you see the Buckeye Bark I posted earlier this week? It’s going crazy on my blog’s Facebook page right now! Valentine’s day is one of my absolute favorite holidays to get all crazy with the baked goods because there’s so many cute themed treats! I’m not even much of a fan of the holiday itself, but I do have to admit that the desserts are way too fun.
I made these super easy Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites with a peanut butter cup center for a Valentine-themed get together with friends. I even included a version you can make from a box and also that you can make from scratch. I taste-tested a couple (of course) and they were awesome! Two huge thumbs up! My favorite way to eat them is while they are still a little bit warm. The center is still so gooey and soft and just perfect. Plus the chocolate is so “melty” and delicious. You can make these brownie bites any time of the year and just leave off the Valentine’s day sprinkles. I added them for proper V-Day effect, obviously. Switch them up for whatever holiday you are baking them for. I can not say enough good things about these Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Bites!
What are you baking up for the holiday? Do tell! It’s going to be a high of ZERO here tomorrow, so I want some ideas (since I won’t be leaving the house all weekend, obviously).
- 1 box (18oz) Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix, plus ingredients to make brownies (any brownie mix will do!)
- 36 Reese's miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 36 Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine brownie mix, egg, oil and water. Stir until combined. Generously spray non-stick spray into mini cupcake pan/muffin pan. Drop rounded Tablespoons into pan. Bake 15-17 minutes (mine were done at 15).
- Remove from oven and immediately press a Reese's peanut butter cup in the center of the brownie, pressing it down until it is almost level with the batter. Top with sprinkles if desired. Allow the brownie bites to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously spray non-stick spray into mini cupcake pan/muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually add flour, cocoa, and salt and mix until combined.
- Fill each mini cupcake tin slightly more than halfway but not more than ⅔ full (about a tablespoon). Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until done.
- Immediately press a peanut butter cup into each brownie, pressing it down until it is almost level with the batter.
- Allow the brownie bites to cool completely before removing from the tin.