Loads of rich chocolate and mini Reese’s peanut butter cups make these peanut butter brownie bites recipe a chocolate lover’s dream.
Happy Valentine’s week! For me, it’s just another excuse to bake up some goodies and that I did. It’s one of my absolute favorite holidays to bake because there’s so many cute themed treats! I’m not even much of a fan of the holiday, but I do have to admit that the desserts are way too fun.
I made these mini brownie bites with a peanut butter cup center for a Valentine-themed get together with friends. I taste-tested a couple (of course) and they were awesome! Huge thumbs up! My favorite way to eat them is while they are still a little bit warm. The center is still so gooey and soft and just perfect. Plus the chocolate is so melty and delicious. You can make these brownie bites any time of the year and just leave off the Valentine’s day sprinkles. I added them for proper V-Day effect, obviously…
- 1 box (18oz) Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix, plus ingredients to make brownies (any brownie mix will do!)
- 36 Reese's miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 36 Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine brownie mix, egg, oil and water. Stir until combined. Generously spray non-stick spray into mini cupcake pan/muffin pan. Drop rounded Tablespoons into pan. Bake 15-17 minutes (mine were done at 15).
- Remove from oven and immediately press a Reese's peanut butter cup in the center of the brownie, pressing it down until it is almost level with the batter. Top with sprinkles if desired. Allow the brownie bites to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously spray non-stick spray into mini cupcake pan/muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually add flour, cocoa, and salt and mix until combined.
- Fill each mini cupcake tin slightly more than halfway but not more than ⅔ full (about a tablespoon). Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until done.
- Immediately press a peanut butter cup into each brownie, pressing it down until it is almost level with the batter.
- Allow the brownie bites to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!