St. Patrick’s day leprechaun bait chex party mix! This would be a really great treat for teacher gifts/parties for your kids’ school, party favors, a snack, or dessert! It’s so easy to make, kids can help, and it’s super festive for St. Paddy’s Day.
I think this is the most colorful recipe I’ve ever posted on my blog. I just love the colors of this chex mix! I wanted to share this with you all as a last minute snack idea to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Holiday foods are pretty much the best. They are so fun!
I can picture this yummy St. Patrick’s day treat wrapped up in little cellophane bags to give away as gifts at a party. In our case, I just leave it out on my counter to enjoy every time Mr. Wishes or I pass through the kitchen. This will NOT last long – I can guarantee that. Enjoy and have a great weekend! And if you need other ideas of what to make for St. Paddy’s, I created a collection of my favorite green food earlier this week in this post.
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1 11.4-ounce bag dark chocolate mint M&Ms
- 1 11-ounce bag white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of JUST the marshmallows from Lucky Charms box
- In a large bowl combine Rice Chex, 1 cup of Lucky Charms, pretzels and M&Ms.
- In a heat-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Stir and repeat until the chips are completely melted.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the cereal mixture.
- Stir carefully to combine, as to not crush the Rice Chex.
- Stir until the mixture is completely coated with the white chocolate. Sprinkle with the ¾ cup of Lucky Charms marshmallows.
- Pour mixture onto wax paper or parchment paper to dry and spread it out.
- Allow to set until white chocolate has hardened (about 45 minutes) and then break up into pieces.
- Store in an air-tight container.