No-Bake Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Balls
No-Bake Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Balls recipe: chocolate-covered peanut butter balls get a crispy upgrade for the best Christmas dessert! They are the perfect bite-size treat for the holidays!
It’s hard to believe it’s Christmas baking season already, but here we are. I tend to make the same things every single year and I’m more than OK with that. Christmas is all about traditions for me! These no-bake peanut butter rice krispie balls are definitely being added to that list of traditions, along with my Italian Ricotta Cookies.
I remember the one year I tried to get away without making the Christmas cut-out sugar cookies and Mr. Wishes just about got up and left me for good. Ha ha! I mean, in my defense, those are very time-consuming cookies to make with the rolling, chilling, cutting out, decorating, etc.
These peanut butter rice krispie balls are the opposite of time-consuming. Cookies that take five minutes to throw together the ingredients are what I am all about during the craziness that is the holiday season. These Chocolate Chex Scotcheroos are a perfect example of that. Every ingredient just gets added to one bowl (minus the chocolate) and mixed together in sugary bliss. You form them into balls and dip them in melted chocolate and call it a day.
I could NOT stop eating these peanut butter rice krispie balls. Something about chocolate and peanut butter together, like in my Peanut Butter Buckeye Bark, makes my heart sing in a way that only a foodie can understand. When I say these balls are addictive, just wait and see for yourself when you make them.
These rice krispie balls aren’t just for the Christmas. In the past, I make them in egg shapes for Easter! They are also so easy that you can just make them for a quick snack to have around when you need a sweets fix in a flash. It helps that they are bite size and easy to just pop in your mouth!
I hope you find an awesome new holiday tradition this year in adding these to your holiday baking trays. There is a 100% guarantee they are the first “cookies” to disappear. I also highly recommend my Peanut Butter Corn Flake Clusters or my No-Bake Avalanche Cookies if you like no-bake desserts for the holidays!
If you prefer a baked dessert with chocolate and peanut butter, try this Chocolate Peanut Butter Sheet Cake from my friend Valerie. Enjoy!
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar/powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1½ cup crushed Rice Krispies (crispy rice cereal)
- 1½ cup milk chocolate baking discs or chips
- Stir together the peanut butter and melted butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and rice krispies cereal to bowl.
- Mix until combined. Form into one inch balls using your hands.
- Place the formed balls on a wax paper or silicone baking sheet lined cookie tray.
- (Once I get the balls made, I put a toothpick in each one, put in the freezer for a bit & then it's so easy to dunk them in the chocolate. I just pull the toothpick out after dunking them & use it to quickly smooth over the hole. and dip each peanut butter ball into the chocolate and roll around until coated.)
- Melt chocolate in microwave in thirty second increments on half power, stirring and repeating process until fully melted/smooth.
- Place the chocolate coated ball on a separate cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place the balls back in the freezer to let the chocolate set.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer so they don't get too soft. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from my Taste of Home cookbook