This is a super easy Banana Walnut Pancakes recipe! It contains whole wheat farina and makes for the perfect healthy breakfast.
UPDATE: The winner of the Bob’s Red Mill hot cereals is:
#57 – Nea: “I am a fan of Wishes and Dishes on Facebook.”
Congratulations, Nea! Thank you to everyone who entered.
My husband is the biggest fan of breakfast food that I’ve ever met in my life. He never gets sick of it, any day, any TIME of the day. So needless to say, he was really happy when I whipped him up these pancakes (I literally just realized I forgot to make him scrambled eggs to go with them). In my defense, Friday was one of those rare days where I spend many, many hours on making food for my blog…I seriously had about 3 or 4 different projects going on all at once. Cupcakes, pancakes, lemon cookies, etc…..it was all happening on Friday afternoon. Try to imagine what my kitchen looked like! THAT was a fun mess to clean up. Confession: there’s still some dirty pans “soaking” and just waiting for me.
For healthy whole grains, you just can’t beat Bob’s Red Mill. Once again, the very generous people over at Bob’s Red Mill sent me an abundance of their delicious and healthy hot cereals to try out and review for all of you lovely readers. They make wonderful food products for people who strive to eat better and live healthier. At any given time in our home, we have had countless products from them ranging from their steel cut oats to their flours and cereal blends. Bob’s Red Mill makes wholesome, natural, and delicious food for everyone and you will love these hot cereals, especially on these cold Winter days!
Bob’s Red Mill started as a family-owned company but recently became an employee-owned company because of Bob’s dedication to his employees and his company. They have been offering real, natural, whole grain products for over 30 years. You can feel good about serving their food to your family! They do not use any GMOs (genetically modified organisms) in their products. Also, for those who are gluten-free, Bob’s offers a variety of gluten-free products. Here is the recipe for delicious pancakes from a recipe on the back of their Whole Wheat Farina:
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat Farina
- ½ cup White Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ripe medium Banana, mashed
- ¼ cup diced walnuts
- In a medium bowl, combine cereal, flour, sugar and baking powder; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg, melted butter and mashed banana.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just blended. (Batter will be slightly lumpy).
- Let stand 10 minutes then stir in walnuts.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour scant ⅓-cup batter onto the griddle or skillet for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the top, about 3 – 5 minutes, then flip and cook until done, about another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with sliced bananas and maple syrup.
Here are some other simple ways to enjoy their hot cereals and to make them even tastier:
- Add a spoonful of any nut butter or an egg to your cereal to boost flavor and protein and give you a good start to your day and keep your stomach satisfied until lunchtime!
- Add flaxseed meal, chia seed, hemp seed or pumpkin seed to increase your fiber and omega-3 intake which is good for your heart!
- Add fresh, frozen or dried fruit to give these hot cereals a good flavor boost as well as adding vitamins and antioxidants.
- Adding a sprinkle of cinnamon to your bowl of cereal for a big flavor boost. I love adding cinnamon to hot drinks and hot cereal!
Thanks to Bob’s Red Mill, one lucky Wishes and Dishes reader will win a gift box full of the hot cereals pictured above! Many thanks to them for providing the review and giveaway product. Giveaway is open to U.S. readers only.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
To enter to win, simply leave a comment on this post and answer the following question:
“What is your favorite kind of cereal (hot or cold)?”
You can receive up to FIVE additional entries to win by doing the following:
1. Subscribe to Wishes and Dishes by email.. Come back and let me know you’ve subscribed in an additional comment on this post.
2. Follow @wishesndishes on Twitter. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment on this post.
3. Follow Wishes and Dishes on Pinterest. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
4. Become a fan of Wishes and Dishes on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan in an additional comment on this post.
5. Follow Wishes and Dishes on Instagram. Come back and let me know you’ve followed in an additional comment on this post.
Deadline: Sunday, March 2nd at 11:59 (EST). I’ll announce the winner on Monday 3/3. Good luck!
Winner: The winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and announced at the top of this post. I will email the winner and if he/she does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
Disclaimer: Bob’s Red Mill gave me samples of these products for review purposes and is also mailing the same package I received to the winner of the giveaway. My opinions remain entirely my own.- Craving more? Sign up for the Wishes & Dishes Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered every week to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates!