Peanut Butter Pie Ball
This is recipe for a peanut butter pie “cheese” ball. You can dip graham crackers, pretzels, animal crackers, or fruit in it to make this the perfect party dessert!
All of you peanut butter freaks will LOVE this recipe! Does anyone else agree that peanut butter should be it’s own food group? I wasn’t even sure what to name this peanut butter pie ball until some guests at my Groundhog Day party (yes, I threw a Groundhog Day party) said it tasted JUST like a peanut butter pie with a graham cracker crust, but in a dip form. It is sort of like a dessert version of a “cheese ball”.
Oh, and since this is ONE ball, it’s a single serving size, correct? Please say yes 🙂
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter (NOT all-natural – too oily)
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- Graham Cracker crumbs, for rolling the ball in (about 1 cup)
- Graham crackers, teddy grahams, and/or apple slices for dipping
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until blended.
- Spoon onto a large piece of plastic wrap; bring up all four corners and twist tightly forming into a ball shape.
- Freeze for 1 hour 30 minutes or until firm enough to keep its shape.
- Place graham cracker crumbs in a flat dish.
- Remove plastic wrap from ball and roll ball in graham cracker crumbs to completely cover, pressing them into the ball if necessary to hold them in place.
- Place ball on serving dish; cover and freeze for 2 hours or until almost firm. (Can be made ahead. If frozen overnight, thaw at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.)
- Serve with graham crackers/graham cracker sticks, pretzel sticks, vanilla wafers, teddy grahams, or apple slices for dipping or spreading.
Recipe source: inspired by thegirlwhoateeverything.com
Morning 🙂 I´ve never heard of a peanut butter pie ball!!! It looks yummy 🙂 Good idea!!
I am a peanut butter freak that most definitely think peanut butter should be it’s own food group! Ashley – Thank you for introducing me to this P/B Pie Ball – I am in love! It sounds Absolutely fabulous – perfect (blend of sugar/pb/creamcheese) in every way!
Thank you, Shashi!
A massive pb ball? I will take that! Love that you threw a Groundhog Day party. This must have been a hit. How easy too. Teddy Grahams would be awesome for dipping.
It was a really fun party!! Thanks, kate!
My husband and daughter would love this and eat the whole thing in 5 minutes! Since I am a non-peanut butter eater (I am weird, I know), I love the idea of using Biscoff!
You don’t eat peanut butter?! What??!! LOL
Definitely a peanut butter freak over here. This looks amazing!
You and me both! LOL
Whaaaat! This is awesome! I’d dive into that peanut butter pie ball (:
Hahaha I love it!
This completes me! 🙂
LOL too funny!
yes. I vote yes for pb as a food group. and I vote yes for this pb pie ball in my liiiiife!
I love your votes 🙂
Yes, it should totally be a food group. OOOooohhh girl, this ball looks terrific!
I’m glad you agree! Thanks, Consuelo!
I love peanut butter and would have never thought to make an appetizer ball out of it. Awesome!!
Oh yummmmm…. Love the fact that it looks like a cheese ball.
Yes, that’s what I was going for!! 🙂
Of course that’s a single serving size! I’m surprised you thought we’d think differently. 😉 And yes, peanut butter is one of the food groups! Really good recipe — thanks.
Yes, yes, yes! Peanut Butter should be it’s own food group! Probably one of my most favorite foods ever – I am a huge peanut butter lover fan, and not afraid to say it! This sounds perfect. Pinned!
I am a peanut butter freak and I love almond butter too. I think I might downsize your recipe for just serving one- me!
The peanut butter fiend in me is kind of freaking out right now! Forget the crackers, I’ll just take the whole ball!
Pingback: Tasty Tuesday - Latest Tasty Find and a Linkup Party! - Lean Lena