Spicy Alabama Fire Crackers
Spicy Alabama Fire Crackers is an easy snack recipe with a kick! This makes for a great potluck recipe or party snack!
I’m sneaking in today to ramble on about this amazing, festive, addictive Fire Crackers snack mix! I mean, could it BE any more delicious?
Has anyone ever asked you if you wanted to eat a few fire crackers? Well, now you have. Happy 4th of July holiday weekend!
You know I love all of the 4th of July Recipes, but there’s nothing I love more than a snack with a little bit of a kick. After tasting these bad boys for the first time, I was hooked and knew that I needed the recipe STAT. You can totally adjust the spice to your level of spice handling!
I have taken these Fire Crackers to several potluck functions and they’ve always been a huge ginormous hit. So, if you are looking for something different to take to an upcoming event or party, give these fire crackers a try!
I am a little extra excited than normal for the 4th of July this year – even more so that we have our 3 year old that can fully enjoy the holiday with our family and friends! Although, she’s has a love hate relationship with fireworks.
Ever since I had my daughter, when a holiday pops it’s head around the corner, I am giddy to make all the fun food and decorate my house like I’m a little kid myself. I currently have a 4th of July light-up “Christmas” tree in my kitchen!
My mantle is also completely decked out with lights and stars. We are basically living in red, white and blue over here. Nothing wrong with a little patriotism, am I right?
What are your plans for the 4th this year? Let me know what you’re making below.
Tip: These crackers are spicy as hell with the amount of crushed red pepper flakes I use. For a less spicy snack, halve or omit the crushed red pepper flakes! Thank me later!
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed red pepper flakes, spicy ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, onion powder and freshly ground black pepper until fully combined.
- Put the mini saltines into a gallon zip top bag. Pour the canola oil in the bag and seal the top. Gently shake to distribute the oil onto all of the crackers.
- Open the top of the bag and sprinkle in the seasoning mix. Seal the bag again and gently shake until all crackers are fully coated.
- Empty the contents of the bag into an air-tight container. Allow to sit for at least 1 hour before serving.
- ● These crackers are quite spicy. For a less spicy dish, halve or omit the crushed red pepper flakes.