Sweet & Salty Halloween Chex Mix
A new twist on party snack mix includes white chocolate, Chex cereal, fall M&M’s, candy corn, and pretzel sticks for a Halloween-inspired treat.
Happy Friday, you guys! It’s time to get “freaky” again for week two of Freaky Friday! As promised last week, I am sharing a Halloween-themed recipe for you every Friday up until the day of Halloween….and here I am delivering. This is a simple snack mix I created on the spur of the moment…. literally. I made it, photographed it, edited said photographs, and blogged about it all in one day which I think I’ve only done once before in my life. Now that, my friends, is determination. When Ashley says she will do something, she does it 😉 I had a couple of other options to share today but they just didn’t seem “Halloween-ish” enough, so that’s where this chex mix comes in. It’s just not Halloween without some sort of candy, especially candy corn.
This is just about the EASIEST fun fall treat there is! It has great taste and great crunch and took me, oh, a total of 10 minutes to make it. Dump some ingredients into a measuring cup, then into a bowl, melt some white chocolate, mix it all together and then this magic is created.
Surprise little witches and goblins with this Halloween chex mix – they will love you forever.
I thought of something just now: you can divide the mix up into jars, tie a ribbon around each one and they’re ready to give away as a fall treat to someone. Brilliant! It would also make a nice little Thanksgiving hostess gift or even a festive teachers’ gift. They will thank you for this tasty, addictive treat. Have a great weekend!
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (I used sticks and broke them in pieces)
- 1 cup fall-colored M&Ms
- 1 cup candy corn
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate chips uncovered for approximately 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely melted. Stir until smooth. Don't heat it in the microwave longer than 30 seconds at a time! You will scorch the white chocolate.
- Gently stir in cereal, pretzels, candy corn and M&Ms until evenly coated.
- Pour and spread evenly onto waxed paper or non-stick baking mat until chocolate is set and dry, about a half hour. Break into chunks and serve.