Christmas Ritz Cracker Candy
Christmas Ritz Cracker Candy recipe is a quick stovetop toffee poured over buttery Ritz crackers, coated in chocolate and topped with sprinkles. Once cooled, it is cracked into chunks and ready to be enjoyed!
This is the good stuff right here. Christmas Ritz Cracker Candy is one of my very favorite Christmas treats and it keeps me coming back for more! I love toffee recipes. It’s completely and utterly addicting, which is why it’s also sometimes called “Christmas Crack”. If you have never tried it, it’s time.
My Christmas Ritz Cracker Candy is essentially toffee candy crackers, slathered in chocolate and sprinkles. Like my Pecan Pie Bark, it is always a huge hit and every loves the sweet and salty combination. If you aren’t super confident in the candy-making department or don’t have a candy thermometer, you’re in luck. Any candy recipe where I don’t need a candy thermometer (like my Almond Club Cracker Toffee) is my bestest friend. This is mostly because I can literally never ever find it!
This recipe is an especially great recipe to keep handy for the holidays because it’s so very easy! And I think cracker toffee tastes even better than regular toffee. I like the cracker crunch and the extra bit of buttery saltiness that comes along with it, like in my Chocolate Graham Cracker Toffee.
Ritz crackers work the best in the recipe, but you can feel free to use any crackers that you like. I loved how it turned out with the buttery Ritz crackers and prefer them to Club crackers or graham crackers.
Some of the other benefits of making this Christmas Ritz Cracker Candy is the easy clean up. You will end up with hardly any dishes. This cracker candy hardens up quickly in the refrigerator so need to bake it, and you can use it for an edible gift for friends and family. This is actually so easy to make that even your kids can be the ones to make most of it! It can be a great family activity and perfect for the holiday season.
It keeps fresh and delicious at room temperature so is the perfect gift to pack up and spread delicious holiday cheer to the ones you love! Once you make this Christmas Ritz Cracker Candy and break it into pieces, you simply can’t stop munching!
Here are a few tips on making this Christmas Ritz Cracker Candy:
- Use aluminum foil or parchment paper: before you start, wrap your baking sheet in aluminum foil. This will make the clean up better for you when you take the toffee out of the pan.
- Melting chocolate chips: Heating your chocolate chips in the oven should melt them enough to spread them throughout your pan. If they are not melting you can melt them in the microwave for 30 seconds then bake again for a quicker way of melting chocolate. Make sure you stir often.
- Spreading the chocolate chips: To make the layering smoother, spread your chocolate from the middle going outwards with a rubber spatula. Make sure to be very gentle when spreading. You don’t want to shift the crackers around when spreading the chocolate. You don’t want the move the crackers around or they will break. Be gentle!
Christmas Ritz Cracker Candy
- 40 Ritz crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 ounces vanilla almond bark
- ½ cup red candy melts
- ½ cup green candy melts
- Holiday sprinkles or your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Place Ritz crackers in single layer in pan.
- In a medium saucepan, cook and stir unsalted butter, sugar and salt over medium heat until butter is melted.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004T6PS80/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B004T6PS80&linkCode=as2&tag=wishanddish-20&linkId=c70c7900159bb95805d04c2b2c08b1c9
- Heat to boiling, stirring frequently and making sure it doesn't burn. Let boil for 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until light brown in color.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla; stir until blended.
- Immediately pour mixture evenly over crackers in pan; spread to cover the crackers.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Melt your almond bark over a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Repeat with the red and green chocolate as well.
- Pour the almond bark over the cracker mixture and spread out evenly.
- Drizzle the red and green chocolate on top of the white chocolate.
- Run your knife through the red and green creating swirls.
- Sprinkle with holiday colored sprinkles.
- Let cool completely, about 2 hours or until chocolate is set.
- Break into pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!