Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes
Creamy spaghetti dish with artichoke hearts and tomatoes that is super easy to make! The sauce is a tomato cream based sauce and your whole family will go crazy for this recipe!
Welcome to another delicious dish . This creamy spaghetti with artichoke hearts and tomatoes recipe undeniably ranks in the top 5 for favorite dinners of mine, as well as Mr. Wishes. It’s also doesn’t hurt that it’s so super easy to make! This is a meal you can serve to company and they will be astounded….I promise. The sauce is tomato-cream based sauce which is one of my personal faves as far as pasta sauces go.
The only thing this recipe is missing is…. meat. Since I learned over the past 2 years that Mr. Wishes can’t possibly live if a dinner is lacking meat, I always add a cooked chicken breast when making this. If you are serving more than 2 people you may want to cook up more than 1 chicken breast.
It’s no secret to those who know me that The Pioneer Woman is one of my cooking heroes. I considered purchasing cable TV just so I can watch her new show on Saturday mornings on the Food Network. Her recipes have yet to disappoint and I think she’s just simply amazing! Part of me is also jealous of her farm life and living in the country. I want to trade lives with her just for one week, get it out of my system, and then come back home to the “big city” life I live :o)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- ½ whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts (14.5 Oz. Quartered Or Whole), drained
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes With Juice (14.5 Oz.)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Thin Spaghetti
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives (or Other Herbs) Chopped (optional)
- 1-2 cooked chicken breast cut into slices (optional)
- Cook spaghetti till al dente (or fully cook, depending on your taste). Drain and set aside.
- Melt olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and tomatoes.
- Stir and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cream and chicken broth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (do not undersalt!)
- Cook over low heat until heated through, then turn off heat.
- Place drained pasta in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup Parmesan.
- Pour sauce over the top. Add chives, if adding.
- Toss lightly to combine and coat; add a tiny bit of reserved pasta water if sauce seems too thick.
Recipe Source: adapted from thepioneerwoman.com