Red Velvet Oreo Cookie Dip
Red Velvet Oreo Cookie Dip made with cream cheese is perfect for dipping apples, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, or graham crackers! A great dessert recipe for the holidays – especially Christmas or Valentine’s Day because of the red color!
I have a problem. I am addicted to dips. All kinds of dips, whether sweet or savory. This Red Velvet Oreo Cookie Dip is the best dessert dip I’ve had in a long time and would be an awesome Valentine’s day dessert or snack.
The dip I’m sharing today has Red Velvet cake mix in it to give it that rich, fun and festive red color, cream cheese, and Oreo cookies mixed in to really make this unbelievably good! If you’re feeling extra crazy try my Red Velvet Milkshake along with this dip.
I got on this dip kick around Super Bowl time, and then I dove right into the red velvet streak last week for Valentine’s day…so then I thought, why not combine the two into a Red Velvet cookie DIP. And of course, everything is better with Oreo added to it so those were a must. I hope you enjoy my sweet (in more ways than one) little creation.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ cups unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups red velvet cake mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. milk (add an extra tablespoon if you want it thinner)
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 additional Oreo cookies, crushed, for topping
- Dippers of choice (see below)*
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer), beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in the red velvet cake mix, 1 cup at a time. Add 2 tbsp. of milk alternately, if necessary, to keep consistency smooth.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, alternately with remaining tablespoons of milk.
- Continue adding powdered sugar and milk until it reaches a consistency and a sweetness that you like.
- Mix in 8 crushed Oreos.
- Sprinkle the 2 additional crushed Oreos on top before serving.