Patriotic Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
Patriotic Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza dessert recipe will be the star (no pun intended) of the show at your summer 4th of July party! Fresh, colorful fruit and sweet cream cheese filling give this cookie pizza the perfect combination of pretty and tasty.
I drove to Syracuse for the weekend for my brother Joe’s college graduation. It was a great time spent with family and I even got to watch some old home movies – one of my favorite things to do.
I loved seeing videos of my dad from back in the day – laughing and smiling, although, it made me just want to reach through the screen and give him a giant hug. I’m feeling all emotional this month with Father’s Day coming up.
Is it possible this year feels harder than last year which was my 1st one after losing him? Not sure why that would be. Grief can be funny like that sometimes, I guess. You think you’re through the woods and those feelings sneak up on you again.
‘Tis the season for weddings, showers, and graduations. I think Mr. Wishes and I have one of those things, if not two, every single weekend for the rest of the summer. It’s fun to be busy and have lots of things to do but at the same time it just makes my precious summers fly by way too quickly.
I am already wishing time would slow down! I wait too long for this warm weather to have it just fly by faster than my backyard grass is growing right now…. that needs constant mowing attention. I swear sometimes I can see it physically growing already the second I go over it with the mower. Just saying..
Make sure you check out my Pop Rocks Cookies for another fun dessert for the 4th of July!
I can’t believe 4th of July is on the horizon already and will be here before we know it. It is time to start thinking about what to bring to those picnics you will be attending. A cookie dough crust, cream cheese filling, and fruit topping – it doesn’t get much better than this.
Everyone will “oooh” and “ahhh” over this one. It’s too pretty to soon be forgotten about, don’t you agree? You can really make this for any occasion and just skip over the star-shaped design if it’s not for Memorial day or Fourth of July.
This Patriotic Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza is SO easy to make – the only tedious task is actually arranging the fruit so that it actually looks like a star instead of just a nebulous blob. You know what though?
You still have those patriotic colors going on no matter what. So even if you decide to just dump them on the sugar cookie crust and be done with it, you’re still making Uncle Sam proud. Here are some more patriotic recipes if you need to feel inspired. I also have red, white and blue MINI fruit pizzas here. Have a great week!
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough (can also make your own)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened (don't use reduced-fat)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel/zest
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup apple jelly, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 12-inch pizza pan or pizza stone with cooking spray. Cut cookie dough into ¼-inch slices; place in pan.
- With floured or lightly-greased fingers, press the dough down evenly over bottom of pan to form crust.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through in the middle. Cool completely (this could take up to a half hour).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or simply using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon peel/zest until light and fluffy. Spread over the cooled sugar cookie crust.
- Arrange raspberries in large star shape in center. Arrange blueberries around raspberries. You may not use them all. Drizzle or use a pastry brush to cover fruit with with melted jelly. This step gives enhanced flavor and a nice shine to the fruit.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Recipe source: adapted from a pretty fruit pizza I saw in Pillsbury.com